Guardian Industries is a diversified global manufacturing company with leading positions in float glass and fabricated glass products for the commercial and residential construction industries. Through our Science & Technology Center, Guardian is at the forefront of innovation including development of high performance, energy-saving glass coatings and other advanced products.
Guardian Glass is looking for a Production Scheduler to join our team in Carleton, MI!
The Production Scheduler role is a key driver of business success within our Guardian facilities. This role is an excellent opportunity to work within a team to support our customers and the needs of the business. The role will give many opportunities to work cross functionally with multiple departments and capabilities to expand overall business knowledge within the glass industry.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Develop executable schedules that optimize throughput of production lines to meet customer demand and operational plan
- Maintain appropriate levels of input and finished goods to meet customer demands and align with inventory targets
- Review Aged and Unallocated Inventory and recommend disposition
- Collaborate with Operations, Warehouse, Sales, and Customer Service to address issues and maintain high levels of customer service
- Report schedule adherence by operations
- Proactively escalate concerns with schedule execution to the Master Planning Leader
- Identify opportunities for improvement
- Drive planning and operational efficiency
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience in Production Scheduling, Production Leadership, Logistics/Supply Chain, or Data Management in a manufacturing/warehouse environment
- Microsoft Excel experience (pivot tables, lookup, and data modeling)
- Experience partnering with cross-functional teams
What Will Put You Ahead
- APICS certification
- ERP system knowledge and experience
- Experience in a glass facility
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf