Koch Engineered Solutions is looking for a Buyer to join our team! Position can be located in Houston, TX or Tulsa, OK.
Koch Engineered Solutions Equipment Technology & Services (KES ET&S) is looking for a contribution focused Buyer. In this role you will drive on-time delivery of high-quality products and equipment, execution of project procurement plans, and clear communication with project team members with the goal of attaining and fostering order execution excellence to achieve a preferred partner status with customers.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- All procurement functions including sourcing, negotiating and expediting various materials and services in an ‘engineered-to-order’ environment
- Accountable and responsible for creating and analyzing requests for quotations and processing purchase orders
- Continuously source and negotiate quotations to reduce costs while maintaining production schedule requirements
- Establish and maintain vendor relationships to supply purchased goods and services, which meet the quality and service standards of our customers
- Interface with Project Management, Engineering and Quality departments to prioritize required materials and services to meet the Customer’s needs
- Communicate with managers concerning vendor performance, pricing issues, delivery issues and any other pertinent information that requires cross-functional strategies within the supply chain
The Experience You Will Bring
- Purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience purchasing Maintenance, Repair and Operational (MRO) supplies
- Experience reviewing technical drawings and specification sheets
- Computer skills and proficiency with MS Office products (Outlook, Teams, Word, Excel and Power Point)
- Must have legal authorization to work permanently in the United States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience in an engineered-to-order environment (ASME code)
- CPM or CPIM Certification
- Bachelor degree in Supply Chain or Engineering
Come solve some of the greatest industrial challenges of our time. You see, as attitudes surrounding ecological responsibility have changed, regulations have become more challenging. This means companies worldwide are turning to us at John Zink, part of Koch Engineered Solutions, for cost-effective and environmentally friendly solutions to improve their everyday processes. Lucky for them, we pride ourselves on turning our customer's complex problems into easy solutions and we are looking for the right people to help us drive this vision.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf