Are you a mechanically inclined person who enjoys working in a team environment to troubleshoot and resolve mechanical issues? If so, we may have just the opportunity for you!
Georgia-Pacific’s Consumer Products mill in Pennington, AL is seeking a qualified individual to consider for the role of Automation Technician supporting the operation of an Automated Guided Vehicle (AGV) system in the Naheola, Retail facility. This position will be a part of a dynamic work team and report to the Naheola AGV leader.
ABOUT THE NAHEOLA OPERATIONS
Georgia-Pacific’s Naheola Mill located in Pennington, Alabama, is a manufacturing site for the company’s well-known consumer products business. More than 900 employees produce a wide range of products for the consumer business, including Angel Soft® bath tissue and Sparkle® paper towels, as well as bleached paperboard used in Dixie® paper cups and plates.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Assess hazards and associated risk for mitigation and creating environment where Zero SIFs occur.
- Complete regularly scheduled Preventive Maintenance (PM’s) on time and per AGV Platform requirements.
- Provide corrective maintenance – including Root Cause Analysis
- Effectively provide feedback/training to Operational and Reliability members of the local Naheola team.
- Use tools and data to predict when maintenance is preformed
- Ensure Asset Strategies are being executed and provide feedback to AGV Platform when changes are needed.
- Track issues/repairs and utilize escalation process as defined by the AGV platform support team
- Work collaboratively with other internal resources to engage Advanced Automation Team when needed
- Ensuring that entire fleet of AGVs are available for use to ensure that production is not interrupted
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience applying Basic PLC knowledge & troubleshooting
- 2-year degree or higher with an Electronic or Mechanical Technology focus, OR 5 or more years of electrical/mechanical maintenance or troubleshooting experience
- Experience applying basic electrical and mechanical principles, motors, drivers, belts, and bearings
- Experience in operations and equipment maintenance or manufacturing engineering
- Willingness to learn specific skills required to maintain and operate Automated Guided Vehicle
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience with maintenance and/or operation of Automated Guided Vehicles
- Experience in an environment that requires self-direction, multi-tasking, and independent decisions making
- Experience providing technical service across multiple locations
- Experience with electrical safe work practices – NFPA 70-E Electrical Safety
- Experience communicating with various audiences as this role will require communication to all levels of the organization (i.e., via reports, e-mail, verbally, and/or in small/large group settings) in a team environment
- Experience applying Root Cause Analysis techniques
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf