Disciplined Operations Leader - Retail (Remote - SE Region)
Georgia-Pacific is looking for qualified professionals to be one of our Discipline Operations Leaders, to provide change leadership, mentoring and coaching talent to move organizational efforts efficiently and effectively with sustainable results within our Continuous Manufacturing Operations. The Discipline Operations Leader (DOL) will utilize leadership, influence, manufacturing experience and communication capabilities to develop and implement rapid transformational improvements for priority initiatives. Types of initiatives can be diverse within Discipline Operations but will typically improve a site’s competitive position regarding production, cost, quality, risk reduction, and organizational effectiveness. The DOLs will work with other stakeholders to include leadership, the manufacturing facility as well as support capabilities such as engineering, quality, safety, human resources, third party vendors and other partners to drive the initiative.
The success of this role will be measured in how effectively and efficiently manufacturing sites can be transformed through prioritized initiatives against measured baselines and targets. As such, DOLs will need the ability and courage to coach and effectively challenge several levels of leadership, from senior leaders to front line leaders, as well as shop floor operating and maintenance technicians. DOLs will be expected to have knowledge of new process and technologies while (when applicable) breaking old paradigms. DOLs will need to escalate and remove barriers that are impeding progress on DO initiatives effectively and objectively.
This position may be home-based, will require up to 80% travel, and will be working in a manufacturing/industrial environment. This role will have high visibility with key site and corporate leadership and will be working as part of a team to deliver significant financial bets to the business.
Site locations include: Palatka FL; Zachary, LA; Naheloa, AL; Hattiesburg, MS; and Crossett, AR
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Urgently developing and delivering a substantial improvement increase against a measurable and prioritized initiative within a defined time
- Effectively communicating across all levels of the organization to ensure stakeholders are aligned to financial, operational, and risk mitigation expectations associated with the initiative
- Aligning resources to a common priority; assurance that assigned resources are effective and required resources are urgently requested and obtained
- They will work with site team members in capturing strategic value opportunities and implementing proven operating practices within a core set of designated workstreams: Management Systems; Organization; Production; and Asset Care
- Effectively applying the challenge process; urgent removal and escalation of issues that are prohibiting delivery of initiative results
- Effectively applying various continuous improvement tools and operating discipline to drive the initiative
- Effectively managing the project controls of assigned initiatives; scope, resources, schedule, and measurables
- Upon completing initiatives, consult with manufacturing sites and other corporate resources to prepare for sustainable transition to base operations
- Implement and coach others to sustainably utilize a Lean Manufacturing System to constantly assess the heath of the organization (knowledge process) through a structured, repetitive process to verify key actions, identify future problems, and validate results
The Experience You Will Bring
- Five (5) or more years of experience working within a manufacturing or industrial setting; direct experience must include operational responsibilities or direct consultation; direct experience must include Production or Maintenance/Reliability leadership responsibilities
- Experience with driving manufacturing change and/or Operational Discipline improvements in a manufacturing organization against targeted initiatives
- Ability to travel domestically up to 80% (M-F) with occasional weekend travel
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Manufacturing Management or Direct Supervisory experience with responsibility for direct reports
- Ten (10) or more years of operational experience within a manufacturing/industrial setting or direct consultation
- Continuous Improvement certification (Six Sigma, LEAN or similar)
- Project Management Professional Certification (PMP)
- Experience in Management Systems/Operating Discipline
- Experience working within pulp, paper, and/or tissue converting
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf