Indirect Tax Manager
Koch Industries is seeking an Indirect Tax Manager to strengthen its global tax capability. Working with an established team, responsibilities include compliance, position management, planning and business consulting across Koch business groups.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Support end to end VAT compliance processes. Identify opportunities for continuous improvement and process transformation that will drive value.
- Connect with IT and business process owners to maintain and roll out indirect tax technology solutions and ensure data driven reporting requirements are in line with country requirements.
- Monitor legislative developments and identify the impact to the relevant business groups. Applicable changes are shared and implemented timely and accurately.
- Manage external service providers relating to compliance activities.
- Coordinate VAT audits and general enquires. Work with internal stakeholders and advisors to ensure an effective and timely audit process.
- Identify VAT planning opportunities. Review complex supply chain, business activities, and partner with business leaders to mitigate tax risks and optimize VAT positions.
- Provide VAT advisory support to the businesses in relation to its day to day commercial transactions, transactional processing, and business operations.
- Connect with the wider tax group as necessary to ensure VAT implications/actions are appropriately considered against all taxes.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Relevant professional experience of global indirect taxes, either in industry or with other service providers.
- ATT or CTA qualified or equivalent.
- Awareness of tax developments in VAT law/practice and the impact on multinational businesses.
- Good working knowledge of ERP and the interaction with VAT/GST tax technology solutions.
- Has good practical knowledge of business requirements and challenges to adapt to the changing technology landscape and data driven VAT compliance and reporting.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Has a desire to innovate and drive change. Demonstrates the ability to identify, assess and takes the opportunity to lead action.
- Contribution motivated – strives to deliver against our vison and demonstrates accountability for individual and team contribution.
- Prioritizes work according to value and acts on deliverables with a sense of urgency.
- Connects and communicates effectively across all levels within the organization.
- Demonstrates courage to challenge the status quo, put forward a point of view, influence, and is an active contributor sharing knowledge and insights.
- Travel will be a requirement for this role.