Investment Associate – Corporate Development and Strategy
Over time, the Associate will gain broad exposure to a variety of Businesses and functional areas and can gain greater responsibilities. This could include a promotion within the group and/or taking a key role within one of the Businesses. This role will provide ample opportunities to work directly with business leadership across GP.
GP’s Corporate Development team is seeking an investment associate to join the team based in Atlanta, GA.
What You Will Do In Your Role
Partner with GP’s business units to evaluate acquisition and divestiture opportunities for GP’s business units. Investment Associate will generally support active pipeline of M&A / divestiture projects for the business and work closely with the respective business leadership teams, and capabilities across GP’s business units. Investment Associate will also support one or more strategic projects at a time (each typically lasting 6 to 12 weeks) – working either directly with Strategy & Business Development team and/or with a leader within one of GP’s Businesses.
The Associate is expected to take an active role in problem solving, particularly in the framing and execution of financial analysis. As an active member of the team, the Investment Associate is expected to contribute their ideas and viewpoints as we seek to maximize value for the company. Over time, the Associate will gain broad exposure to a variety of Businesses and functional areas and can gain greater responsibilities. This could include a promotion to Senior Associate and/or taking a key analytical role within one of the Businesses.
- Market / Competitor Analysis: Performing industry research and competitive analysis related to potential acquisition opportunities and markets of interest. This could include market sizing, cost benchmarking, and/or online research.
- Decision-making Support: Execute financial analyses that help leadership better understand opportunities and make better decisions. Construct, perform and communicate results from these analyses to help improve understanding of key drivers and potential ranges of outcomes
- Valuation: Build financial models to understand financial impacts of potential mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures. Learn and utilize GP’s capital consumed framework
- Preparing concise presentations on potential transactions and investments for senior management that identify and assess valuation, range-of-outcomes based return profile, potential synergies, and risks Participating in and leading discussions with senior management
- Assuming responsibility for 100% compliance with the laws, regulations, company policy, and industry standards applicable to this role
- Adaptability. Comfortable with ambiguity and flexible with changes in direction.
- Curiosity. Energized to seek best knowledge and synthesize into a proprietary perspective.
- Principled entrepreneurship. Risk tolerance to output quickly and share work-in-progress analysis.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years of valuation and transaction experience, or 4+ years of financial analysis and/or investment modeling experience
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience in FP&A, investment banking, private equity, private wealth, or corporate development setting
- Three-statement modeling capability
- Market point-of-view development experience
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf