Marketing Communications Specialist
The Marketing Communications Specialist works as part of an integrated content team to ensure the content being generated to support marketing efforts across corporate, portfolio and product is strong, consistent and reflects the brand. Reporting to the Content Development Manager, the position supports the Content Development Center of Excellence (CoE), working with cross-functional teams to develop the right strategies and content as part of integrated marketing campaigns, ensuring optimal outcomes. This role also supports development of a wide range of content, including New Product Release packages. It demands extensive customer service and communication skills, including writing and editing, and a high level of professionalism. The ideal candidate must be a team player, thriving in a challenging and fast-paced environment where prioritizing and multi-tasking are the norm. The candidate must be a strong writer and strategist that can collaborate with product marketers to translate technical jargon into stories and assets that drive business value for our prospects and customers. Must be team-oriented and be willing to roll up their sleeves and pitch in to help their colleagues when needed. Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills are mandatory.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Collaborate with an extensive team of subject matter experts (SMEs) to curate ideas and write/ drive development of impactful content, including regional-specific angles
- Serve as an editor and reviewer of content built by other marketing content creators, such as product marketing, demand generation, events, PR, thought leadership and social media to drive consistency, quality, and accurate use of the Molex style guide.
- Work with broader marketing team and business unit leads to align proper content development resources to support marketing programs, including demand generation and awareness campaigns as well as other corporate activities
- Support in the development and delivery of global New Product Releases
- Help advise marketing teams on how best to develop content at all stages of the buyer’s journey
- Engage global agencies and freelancers to develop collateral, blogs, email, web copy, case studies, video scripts, webinars and other content that spans multiple business units to ensure development of most impactful and leverageable assets that drive audience engagement
- Understand and incorporate SEO keyword usage and research to content as appropriate
- Work with web team to upload content to site as required
- Project manage a multitude of content-related activities, working across BU Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and executives, the broader marketing team and corporate communications when needed
- Coordinate the development of content by managing the interview process including scheduling intake calls with SMEs and writers, editing content, and securing the required reviews and approvals
- Execute projects in Wrike with cross-functional team members, provide timely responses and updates to ensure on-time delivery
- Collaborate with marketing team to develop content that’s easily amplified on all channels
- Manage the translation process of content assets as needed, upload translated collateral to the appropriate database and work with Molex web publisher to ensure files are available where needed
- Execute monthly customer newsletter and other product promotion assets
- Elevate and uphold the Molex brand with internal teams and external resources and platforms
- Track, analyze and report on content development program efficacy, including Service Level Agreement (SLA) adherence and New Product Release (NPR) delivery requirements
- Develop content library and usage model for extended leverage of carefully created and curated content across all regions
- Based on data insights, provide recommendations on how to improve our content, including presenting to executive stakeholders with the Content Development Manager and Brand Content Manager
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, public relations, journalism, business, or related field
- Previous experience supporting content development, writing and editing projects
- Ability to proactively set priorities and manage workflow to ensure efficient, timely and accurate completion of responsibilities; ability to keep multiple projects in process simultaneously
- Team player with a customer-focused attitude and flexibility in an environment of tight deadlines and unexpected changes.
- Must be interested in continuously learning new skills, improving processes and outcomes, supporting a highly technical environment and portfolio
- Working knowledge of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and keyword optimization in content
- Must be comfortable working with executives, presenting event-related plans and reports
- Self-motivated; not afraid to ask questions; able to take initiative, anticipate needs, work independently, and carry projects through completion.
- Able and willing to travel domestically and internationally up to 10% of the time
- Able and willing to work non-traditional business hours to accommodate different time zones
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organized
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Strong strategic and critical thinking skills
- Must be able to make decisions and work autonomously
- Must be customer-driven and able to interface with both internal and external clients including leadership
- Proficient with Microsoft Office: Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Teams
- Ability to learn new computer software and tools as needed to improve presentations/meetings/events
- Ability to consistently display a positive, professional, customer service focus
What Will Put You Ahead
- Writing and content development in either a corporate or agency environment for technical, B2B global company
- Ability to understand technical topics
- Project Management Tool experience
- Creating content for product launches and releases
- Managing content translation or globalization with regional markets
- Experience working with Project Management Tool
- 6+ years of marketing communications/writing experience
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf