Transportation Rate Specialist
KBX Logistics is searching for a talented individual to join the Contract Management/Procurement team. The core responsibilities of the Transportation Rate Specialist role will include accurate rate loading for all modes of transportation, providing positive internal and external customer interactions, presenting opportunities to improve the contract, pricing, and publishing support given to KBXL Operations and our business partners. The successful candidate will assure compliance with all laws and regulations, be analytical, and have a high degree of communication, organization, and time management skills.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Act as gatekeeper for all administrative carrier pricing and contract documents and records, ensuring we have agreements in place and that they are enforced
- Follow up with carriers to ensure they are accepting rates in a timely manner
- Publish rates in KBX TM for all modes and enter carrier information into the carrier management system
- Support the onboarding and approval process of carriers
- Develop processes for gathering timely compliance information from carriers and handling confidential carrier pricing information
- Minimize rating errors for transportation system group and serve as liaison between carrier and system to correct errors
- Serve as liaison with the carrier, procurement, operations, and audit on pricing, contract, invoicing issues, and new lanes
- Drive innovation by creating automated work processes
- Cultivate carrier relationships
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience working in a professional, fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in Windows; Outlook, Word, Excel
- Advanced Excel skills – if/then/vlookups/pulling and pushing data
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience working in the Transportation/Logistics industry
- Experience using Power BI
- Experience working in a Customer Service role
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf