Georgia-Pacific is currently seeking a Distribution Supervisor for our Portland, OR Distribution Centers. The Distribution Supervisor directs and manages all warehouse activities within the facility. The person in this position leads an hourly team of material handlers to perform the fast-paced work required in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with company procedures and policies. This role is responsible for the coaching, evaluation, and development of their team. If you enjoy hands-on work where you can make a direct impact to your company and community, this may be the opportunity for you!
Georgia-Pacific Northwest Service Centers operates three very large distribution centers in the Portland, Oregon area. We ship and receive approximately 95,000 trucks each year, carrying your favorite brands including Quilted Northern Bath Tissue, Brawny® Towels, Dixie plates, cups and bowls, as well as other items found in public establishments, including enMotion® towels and dispensers. If you want to be a part of a business that is growing and innovating, this is a great opportunity for you!
NOTE: This position will require working night shift operations on a 4x10 work schedule either Sun-Wed or Wed-Sat.
Starting Salary for this role is $64,000-70,000 per year
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Provide vision and leadership to team members with a focus on safety, housekeeping, quality, and accuracy.
- Use data analysis to ensure inventory control processes are working effectively
- Plan and direct all shipping and receiving, ensuring shipping schedules are met
- Ensure strict adherence to safety and housekeeping requirements.
- Troubleshoot and resolve systems and schedule issues using root cause analysis skills
- Manage continuous improvement opportunities and provide leadership/action plans for gap closure. Review and analyze trends for key performance measures.
- Coach, counsel, train and develop team members providing timely feedback and guidance
- Allocate hourly personnel to tasks, roles and responsibilities in a fast-paced distribution environment
- Ensure team compliance with policies, procedures, compliance standards, regulatory requirements and the labor agreement.
- Ensure that quality and accuracy expectations are followed and met on daily basis.
The Experience You Will Bring
- One (1) or more years of supervisory or lead experience within a distribution center, production, manufacturing or military environment.
- One (1) or more years of Logistics, Shipping or Warehouse Management experience
- Experience using Microsoft Office programs such as Word (to write business correspondence), Excel (for use of spreadsheets, reporting, simple formulas) and Outlook (for internal and external correspondence)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Associate’s Degree (or higher) in a business or other related discipline
- Experience with Warehouse and Labor management systems
- Experience troubleshooting using root cause analysis or other problem solving techniques
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf