Molex is seeking a Controller to join our team. This role reports to our Manager-Finance Operations and will act as a financial and operational business partner to our Phillips Medisize manufacturing facilities in Medford, WI, Phillips, WI and Clinton, MA. This position will act in a leadership capacity to ensure accurate, timely, and relevant accounting and financial reporting. Beyond accounting and reporting, this role will play a key role in analysis, planning, costing, and strategic development to grow the business and optimize profit and returns. The successful candidate will be viewed as a strategic business partner with proactive insights about business conditions, operations, and their impact on financials.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Ensuring the accuracy of the general ledger through proper accounting treatment performed both locally, and through shared services
- Responsible for delivering & analyzing key financial information and metrics that will drive improved decision-making yielding increased economic value
- Work with leadership to analyze alternatives through the lens of: return on capital consumed, net present value, internal rate of return, and other critical financial/investment metrics
- Understand the overall division and corporate vision and partner with plant management to drive actions aligned with vision
- Exercise stewardship over site’s assets (inventory, asset tracking, etc.) and be a key part of the leadership team within the facility by effectively challenging and employing economic thinking concepts
- Understand key business drivers and effectively communicate business results, finance controls, and expectations throughout the facility
- Be a champion of MBM (culture) within the wider organization
- As applicable, work effectively with government officials and taxing authorities and provide ongoing analysis specific to margin attainment and variances
- Participate in diverse analysis and project work supporting the organization and various levels including operations, costing, quoting, business development and FP&A
- Where applicable, individual is pre-planning safety into work activities to improve performance
- Proactively identifies safety concerns
- Complies with Environmental Management System Program SOP’s/WI, Policy & Program elements and encourages responsible use of resources
- Actively participate in continual improvement/innovation, corrective action, and internal/external customer satisfaction
- Completion of one of the following:
- Submission of a continuous improvement idea
- Active participation in a Phillips-Medisize sponsored committee or event
- Examples include a Rapid Improvement Event, a 5S/Lean event, Safety Committee, Wellness Committee, Recycling Committee, Activity Committee, or other Phillips-Medisize sponsored community outreach project/event (United Way, Junior Achievement, etc.)
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Experience in a manufacturing setting
- Experience with SAP or other similar ERP system
- Experience leading people, projects, or initiatives
- This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience in costing, operations, Operations Excellence, economics, or manufacturing
In order to comply with U.S. export control laws and regulations, this position requires applicants to either provide proof of U.S. citizenship or lawful permanent resident status or be eligible to receive an export authorization (a license) under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and/or the Export Administration Regulations.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf