Optimized Process Designs, LLC (OPD) is a name in the natural gas industry that has become synonymous with quality design and construction, competitive pricing, and on time delivery of processing, treating, and compression facilities.
Incorporated in 1980, OPD is still managed by its original founders whose reputation for honesty, integrity and technical excellence is unmatched in the industry. Although generally thought of as a smaller E & C firm, OPD has successfully completed several projects in excess of $500MM on a turnkey basis. In 1997, OPD became a Koch Chemical Technology Group company, which further enhanced OPD's reputation and increased its financial strength.
OPD has a key advantage in being able to supply construction services, as well as engineering/procurement. This enables clients to have a ''one stop shop'' for the overall project, providing increased efficiency and avoiding potential interface problems. OPD's industry experience, flexibility, and personal attention have made us a preferred vendor with our clients. Our tight knit, highly productive, team atmosphere makes OPD a great place to work. This environment has allowed us to attract and maintain exceptional employees and build long lasting client relationships, which will help to ensure our long-term business success.
The jobsite located in Mt. Belvieu, TX has an opening for a Civil Foreman.
What You Will Do In Your Role
Some core responsibilities for a Civil General Foreman include:
· Strong knowledge of carpentry, tools, procedures, and best practices
· Ability to lead crews
· Must be willing and able to conduct morning production meeting with crews to discuss daily plans and concerns
· Assign job tasks to each crew member and ensure that each member is properly trained
· Must be able to coordinate work according to priorities and plans
· Being a safety role model for the team
· Enforcing OPD and client specific safety policies and procedures on the jobsite.
· Anticipate and recognize potential safety and environmental concerns and report them to the OPD Superintendent.
· Communicate and coordinate with OPD Superintendent, Logistics Manager, Construction Manager as required for material requirements and to schedule concrete pours and order rebar for delivery.
· Verify forms and concrete are set within client specifications.
· Must be competent with excavations, trenching, and soil. Must be able to plan equipment, soil treatment, and safety considerations for all planned civil work.
· Must be able to lead by example and with respect
· Must contribute and maintain a clean job site
· Must be able to use a computer to write daily reports, employee discipline, JSAs, and use e-mail.
We expect all field employees to:
· Actively participate in a strong safety culture
· Recognize safety hazards and risks
· Participate in onsite safety meetings
· Follow OPD and client safety policies and procedures
· Be aware of changing conditions on an active jobsite
· Be on time to the jobsite each day ready for work
· Display a positive attitude and be able to work in a team environment
Some physical demands of being a Civil Foreman include:
· Capable of working in outdoor weather and environmental conditions including extreme heat and humidity, extreme cold, and high elevations.
· Lifting and carrying awkward objects up to 60 lbs
· Standing for extended periods of time up to 11 hours per day. Breaks are given in 2.5 hour intervals
· Moving the entire body. Considerable use of arms, legs, climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, crawling, twisting, reaching, and bending on a regular basis. Use hands to handle, control, and feel objects and/or tools.
The Experience You Will Bring
· At least 2 years of experience as a civil foreman
· Must be able to read and understand civil, structural, and pipe drawings
· Must be able to use a sight level and transit to determine coordinates and elevations
· Must be able to read, write & communicate effectively in English
· Previous experience in a gas plant construction environment
· Previous experience leading teams of 10-30 people
· Must be willing to advance safety culture
· Previous experience communicating effectively across crafts: civil, pipe, and structural
- Travel is a must with extended periods away from home in remote areas at times.
- Must be able to perform a pre-employment drug screen and background check
- Must be willing and able to attend and/or lead employee safety meetings
- Must be able to work shifts up to 12 hours per day and 7 days per week
- Must be able to meet all physical demands of the job
What Will Put You Ahead
· Three or more years of previous experience as a foreman
· Fully competent with excavation, trenching, soil jobs and safety considerations
· Consistent progression into field leadership
· Past experience working in multiple crafts: pipe, civil, structural
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf