Catalyst - Rebates and Commissions Accounting BPL
Georgia-Pacific’s Building Products segment is seeking a Rebates and Commissions Accounting Lead to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for a large-scale ERP implementation of Infor’s M3 across the Building Products business and lead the rebates and commissions process for Accounting.
The Catalyst project seeks to enable business operating models to support a more digitally enabled organization. Through redesigning business processes to reflect best practices and implementing Infor M3, a customer experience suite, and various edge applications as the core platform for the Building Products business, we believe we can provide more value to our customers and transform the way we do business.
The Rebates and Commissions Accounting Lead will serve as a highly visible member of the Catalyst Project Team to develop, design, test and implement the new systems and processes. The successful candidate must be self-directed, able to manage multiple projects, set priorities and meet deadlines. Communication is also key – you are effective and quickly establish relationships across multiple functional areas. If you have a track record of progressive leadership roles and continuous improvement initiatives and a reputation of strong customer focus – we want to hear from you!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Serve as Rebates and Commissions Lead for Accounting during Building Products’ transformation project (discovery, implementation, and deployment)
- Develop transactional scenarios for system scoping and testing
- Help develop system accounting rules, coordinate testing, and communicate change throughout the organization related to Rebates and Commissions
- Assist with the preparation of the production system and end-users for go live related to Rebates and Commissions (including user acceptance testing, security, internal controls, end user training, and execution of final cutover)
- Assess each business’ current rebates and commissions processes, data, knowledge systems, and organizational structure identifying gaps, opportunities, areas for automation, and future state capability needs
- Partner with capability leaders inside the Building Products business units connecting recommendations, process improvements, and strategies to value
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the Building Products businesses (Gypsum, Lumber, Plywood, and OSB)
- Utilize knowledge of foundational accounting concepts and best practices (General Ledger, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Inventory, Credit, etc.)
- Utilize strong analytical and problem‐solving capabilities, including the ability to clearly define problems, collect data from a variety of sources, establish facts, draw valid/profitable conclusions, and influence others through effective communication
- Seek and share knowledge, identify opportunities for improvements, challenge the status quo, propose solutions
- Advance the Principle-Based Management® culture by applying and reinforcing the company’s Guiding Principles
The Experience You Will Bring
- Progressive experience in an Accounting or Financial Analysis role
- Experience with Infor’s M3 ERP system
- Solid understanding of overall accounting functions (GL, AR, AP, Inventory, etc.) and GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) and internal financial controls
- In-depth career experience working in at least one of the following areas: process improvement projects, project management, system implementation, automation projects, or accounting system development
- Ability to collaborate and challenge the status quo to transform processes while identifying and mitigating risks
- Ability to learn quickly and work with multiple financial systems and identify standardization opportunities
- Awareness and understanding of Rebates and Commissions
- Highly motivated principled entrepreneur with ability to analyze gaps, partner with others to close them, and become a preferred Accounting resource
- Ability to prioritize and be comfortable working on multiple priorities simultaneously and independently
What Will Put You Ahead
- Manufacturing sector experience
- Experience implementing large-scale technology and/or ERP solutions
- Infor M3 experience
- Previous experience as a Consultant and/or with a Consulting Firm
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf