This job posting is no longer active.
The Flaker Operator-A creates value by operating and maintaining log stranding and by-product area. The Hosford facility is located about 27 miles west of Tallahassee, the Capitol of Florida, and a short 30-minute drive to beautiful gulf coast beaches! Looking for nearby outdoor activities? Hosford is close to Lake Talquin Reservoir, the land of fishing, hunting and water sports- located on the Ochlocknee River between Leon County and Gadsden County!
The starting wage for this position is $17.50 per hour. This position offers opportunities for advancement as new skills are acquired and as openings occur!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies and procedures while proactively seeking out potential safety hazards
- Safely and efficiently operate stranding equipment to produce quality flakes for OSB production
- Maintaining a clean and orderly work environment
- Using blowers, brooms, and other equipment to clean up debris in and around machines to ensure a safe work environment for all employees
- Performing housekeeping functions to aid in keeping machinery running efficiently, reducing safety and fire hazards, maintaining environmental controls, and maintaining the appearance of the plant
- Working in various areas throughout the mill to help meet or exceed facility and company production and quality goals
- Working collaboratively as a team to meet or exceed production and quality goals while keeping waste at minimal levels
The Experience You Will Bring
- Minimum of Six (6) months work experience in a industrial or manufacturing environment
What Will Put You Ahead
- 1 year or more of experience driving and operating a front-end loader, forklift, and/or skid steer within an industrial or manufacturing environment
- Minimum of two (2) years working in a manufacturing environment
- Experience troubleshooting equipment
- Experience using a computer for record-keeping and documentation functions
- Experience working in a lumber or wood products environment
- One (1) year or more of leadership experience in a manufacturing environment
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.