This job posting is no longer active.
** Competitive salary depending on experience, sign on bonus $1,000 upon hire. Bi-yearly bonus eligibility, competitive benefits, and 401k **
Are you a self-motivated, enthusiastic, driven individual with industrial maintenance experience? Then we have the job for you! Georgia-Pacific is seeking a safety-oriented individual to join our team as a Maintenance Mechanic at our Mt. Jewett, PA facility. This is a highly skilled hourly position requiring a thorough understanding of safe work practices, troubleshooting, and maintenance of manufacturing equipment.
Georgia-Pacific in Mount Jewett, Pennsylvania manufactures Medium Density Fiberboard (MDF), a popular substitution for hardboard in residential and industrial applications such as for drawer bottoms, cabinet backs, interior wall and ceiling panels, modular partitions, and door skins. Georgia-Pacific's building product business has consistently been among the nation's top suppliers of building products to building materials dealers and large warehouse retailers. Georgia-Pacific employees strive for safety and health excellence while achieving an injury free workplace.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Troubleshooting all mechanical problems; repairing and maintaining all equipment in accordance with plant policy and procedure
- Installing and repairing mechanical drives, chains, sprockets, gears, belts, and couplings
- Reading mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic schematics
- Accurately using measuring tools including micrometers, calipers, tachometers, and dial indicators
- Working as a part of a team to ensure timely completion of all maintenance tasks and minimize equipment down time
- Working any shift, overtime, weekends, and holidays as needed
- Working around dust, oil, grease, chemicals, and other substances
- Working in a hot, humid, cold, noisy industrial environment
- Maintaining strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety equipment
The Experience You Will Bring
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum of one (1) year of industrial maintenance experience OR a 2-year technical degree in Maintenance Mechanics or Engineering Associate
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience working with conveyors, hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Experience reading technical drawings and schematics
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.