Process Technology Lead
Flint Hills Resources is now hiring a Process Technology Lead at our Pine Bend refinery in Rosemount, MN. This role is responsible for discovering and promoting the optimum application and use of process technology in FHR’s Crude and Delayed Coking assets.
Specifically, this Process Technology Lead will be the process engineering subject matter expert for Delayed Coking and Crude/Vacuum technologies and will leverage these engineering skills to ensure excellence in the operation of these technologies consistent with the FHR vision and any related site-specific plans.
*** This role can sit in the following offices/locations: Rosemount, MN or Corpus Christi, TX. ***
Flint Hills Resources is a different kind of company:
- We are part of the 2nd largest privately held company in the world – which means you’ll have tremendous opportunity for career growth.
- We offer flexible work arrangements and a “9/80” work schedule – which means you’ll have a 3-day weekend every other week (every other Friday off).
- And our compensation philosophy is based on the value you create – which means your direct compensation is not capped in anyway by some formula, role title, or certifications.
Come realize your full potential and join our team!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Serve as an FHR industry representative for technology by building relationships with licensors/vendors and participating in industry committees where applicable
- Share cross-site and industry learnings across FHR
- Seek out and identify promising technology improvements and advance those consistent with our vision
- Actively participate in complex problem solving (or cold eye reviews)
- Identify/advance ideas to improve processing efficiency
- Be a mentor for Senior and Operating process engineers
- Provide support in early project phases
- Be a mentor for Project Development Engineers
- Provide direct and primary process engineering support for larger, more complex projects
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Chemical Engineering
- Five (5) years or more of Delayed Coking Processing Engineering experience
- Three (3) years or more of Crude/Vacuum Process Engineering experience
- Eight (8) years or more experience in a petroleum refinery
What Will Put You Ahead
- Ten (10) years or more of Delayed Coking experience
- Ten (10) years or more of Crude/Vacuum experience
- Process engineering design experience
- Project development experience
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf