SignaI Integrity Design Engineer
Design/Simulation Engineer - Signal Integrity
We continue to grow our Engineering Staff and are looking for a talented Signal Integrity Design Engineer to join our team. If you are looking for a way to accelerate your career and be part of a great company, this may be the opportunity for you.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to perform characterization of high-speed connectors/cables and systems, using high-speed digital and electromagnetic measurements for automotive in-vehicle networks.
Concept Design and Development
· Complete PCB Electromagnetic simulations (Ansys HFSS)
· Provide Signal Integrity test board layout support for high speed applications
· Provide recommended connector pin-out configuration for optimized signal integrity performance
Design Verification & Product Validation
· Provide testing BOM
· Lead procurement activities of all components required to complete testing
- Complete design validation plan & report (DVP&R) documentation.
- Prepare presentation material for internal and customer design reviews.
- Support product engineers with internal & customer 8D resolution activities.
- Some travel may be required.
- Performs other work-related duties as required by management.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, with emphasis on Signal integrity or Electromagnetics
- 1-3 years of experience in high speed automotive connector testing.
· Oversee signal integrity testing of shielded and unshielded automotive interconnects systems.
· Update product technical documentation (such as Engineering, Application and Product Specs).
· Approve Test lab best practices for internal and external signal integrity lab usage.
Required Knowledge & Skills:
· Working knowledge of Altium, or equivalent PCB design software.
· Understanding of high speed data applications
· Working knowledge of transmission line theory, s-parameters, bit error rate testing, cross talk, characteristic impedance, eye diagrams, time domain analysis.
· Working Knowledge of multi-port network analyzers, BER testers, Eye pattern analyzers, digital sampling scopes and TDRs.
· Ability to apply signal integrity concepts to laboratory data for analysis and troubleshooting.
· Strong knowledge of high speed material properties and behavior during data transmission.
· Good analytical ability to resolve signal integrity issues and apply logical reasoning, test assumptions, observe results and make corrections.
· Exposure to lean/six sigma methodology and statistical data analysis.
Required Education & Work Experience:
- Thinks about and does what is right, regardless of the consequences
- Raises concerns or asks questions when something doesn’t seem right, even when it’s difficult
- Always keeps commitments
- Works on things that matter (and knows why they matter).
- Acts with a sense of urgency to capture opportunities or deal with problems
- Envisions long-term implications of decisions
Knowledge & Change:
- Invites, values, and seriously considers different ideas, opinions, and points of view
- Disagrees (constructively) when it may lead to a better way
- Drives and leads change
Humility & respect:
- Willingly admits mistakes, failures, and shortcoming
- Gives credit appropriately
- Provides timely, honest feedback even when it’s difficult
You Know Molex...
You may not see our name on the shelves, but our electronic solutions are inside the products you use every day. We work together with the world’s innovators to design and manufacture electronic solutions that solve complex technical challenges.
At Molex, we not only employ some of the most talented people from all over the world, we work to help cultivate tomorrow's breakthroughs. From our corporate headquarters in Lisle, IL to manufacturing floors around the world, the Molex team is dedicated to helping further the limits of technology.
For more information:
· Visit the Molex website at www.molex.com
· Follow us at www.twitter.com/molexconnectors
· Watch our videos at www.youtube.com/molexconnectors
· Connect with us at www.facebook.com/molexconnectors
· Read our blog at www.connector.com
Koch is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace