Georgia-Pacific is seeking qualified candidates to join our team as Operating Mechanics. The individuals selected for this role will provide a competitive advantage to Darlington- Dixie® through the application of proactive maintenance skills and equipment expertise. As owners of equipment, you will understand the condition of your equipment and clean, inspect, adjust, lubricate, and make simple repairs to maximize uptime and eliminate unplanned events. You will complete basic care routes and tasks to detect failures early.
Starting wage is $19/hr. with potential to grow up $20.50+/hr. within the first year based on increasing skills and contributions!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Embrace and manage change to drive innovation and process improvements
- Work within a team environment utilizing a “flow to work” model; proactively build capabilities in self and others
- Monitor and maintain Plate Forming Presses (PFPs) and packaging equipment to meet quality and production standards while minimizing output waste
- Troubleshoot, adjust, and repair mechanical issues on Plate Forming Presses (PFPs), packaging equipment, conveyors, etc. Enter work requests to schedule Preventative Maintenance and equipment repair to ensure reliable operation while minimizing downtime and cost
The Experience You Will Bring
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in a manufacturing, automation technology, or production environment; AND/OR an Industrial Maintenance Technology degree/certification
- Proficient with the safe operation of hand and power tools
- Familiar with and able to use Microsoft Office products: Word, Excel, Outlook
- Willing and able to adhere to safety, environmental, and SQF rules and regulations
- Capable of working in a noisy and high-volume machine production area
- Familiar with HMI panels (Human Machine Interface)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience working with Computer-based Maintenance Management System(s)
- Experience utilizing PI Process Book to optimize production
- Experience with Precision Maintenance work processes
- A demonstrated history of embracing and adapting to changing technology
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf