Fixed Equipment Reliability Engineer
Flint Hills Resources in Corpus Christi, Texas is looking for a Fixed Equipment Reliability Engineer to join our team. If you are looking for a way to accelerate your career and be part of an industry leading company, this may be the opportunity for you! Flint Hills Resources, LC operates oil refineries, chemicals plants and biofuels facilities across North America and is part of Koch Industries, a global leader in several industrial markets.
Flint Hills Resources is a different kind of company, we are privately owned, we have a 9/80 flexible schedule, and our compensation philosophy is based on the value you create. Come realize your full potential and join our team!
What we offer:
- Medical, Dental and Vision health plans
- Relocation Package
- Competitive benefits with 401k match
- Performance pay incentives
- On the job training
- Advancement opportunities
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Provides technical support for fixed equipment to refinery & petrochemical operating business units with a goal of eliminating unplanned events and to maximize unit availability??
- Responsible for framing up sound and economically viable repair vs. replacement recommendations
- Provide input into the development of fixed equipment reliability strategies
- Owns and participates in corrosion programs to help influence plant awareness and culture.
- Lead, or provide subject matter expertise, to Root Cause Failure Analysis investigations for fixed equipment
- Involved in industry organizations to stay abreast of new technology and trends related to fixed equipment.
- Enjoys working in a team environment, and able to communicate to all levels of the organization
- Climbing ladders and stairs and entry into confined spaces
- Travel up to 10% of the time
- Working some overtime , including nights, weekends, and holidays during turnarounds and outages
The Experience You Will Bring
- 5 years minimum experience working within a refining, chemical, or heavy industrial environment
- Knowledge and experience in one or more of the following areas: Corrosion and materials, pressure vessels, piping, heat exchangers, and the factors that affect their reliability.
- Experience applying ASME/API/NBIC codes in the design, evaluation, and repair/alteration of fixed equipment
- B.S. degree in Engineering or technical degree
What Will Put You Ahead
- Knowledge and experience in applying API 571 Damage Mechanisms Affecting Fixed Equipment in the Refining Industry.
- Knowledge and experience applying ASME B31.3 and Section VIII Div. 1
- Experience in applying AMSE PCC-1 and PCC-2 standards
- Refinery corrosion mechanisms and materials experience
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf