Entry-Level Production Operator - $17.50/hr
Entry-Level Production Operator
** $17.50/hr+ depending on experience, sign on bonus $1,000 upon hire. Bi-yearly bonus eligibility, competitive benefits, and 401k **
Georgia-Pacific is hiring Entry Level Production Operators for our Mount Jewett location. This entry-level production position creates value by working in a general labor capacity alongside the other operators to meet and exceed production goals. New employees that have a strong focus on safety, and who demonstrate initiative and a sense of urgency will find fulfillment as an integral part of a successful team.
Our Production Operators work 12hr rotating shifts, weekends, holidays, and overtime and work indoors or outdoors in all weather conditions in a hot, humid, cold, and noisy industrial environment. The rotating shifts schedule will be two (2) weeks on days, then two (2) weeks on nights.
Georgia-Pacific in Mount Jewett, Pennsylvania manufactures Medium Density Fiberboard (MDF), a popular substitution for hardboard in residential and industrial applications such as for drawer bottoms, cabinet backs, interior wall and ceiling panels, modular partitions, and door skins. Georgia-Pacific's building product business has consistently been among the nation's top suppliers of building products to building materials dealers and large warehouse retailers. Georgia-Pacific employees strive for safety and health excellence while achieving an injury free workplace.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Adhere to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures
- Meet or exceed facility and company goals for production and quality
- Perform heavy-duty housekeeping to keep machinery functioning properly, reducing hazards, and maintaining the appearance of the plant
- Assist in operating production equipment and filling in for other operators during breaks or absences
- Perform tasks such as pulling, pushing, and lifting to 50 lbs., as well as walking, climbing, including stairs, ladders, stooping, standing, and reaching for up to 12hrs
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of 6 months of work experience
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience in a wood products manufacturing environment
- Experience working in an industrial and/or manufacturing environment
- Experience in material handling, forklift operation, production operation, machine operation, or utility
- Experience using a computer for record-keeping and documentation functions
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf