Business Development Analyst
Koch Minerals & Trading ("KM&T") is seeking an Analyst to join its Business Development group in Wichita. In this role, the Analyst will participate in supporting our business through analysis, financial modeling, point-of-view and strategy development, origination, and due diligence. Successful candidates will have strong critical thinking and communication skills, high curiosity, and enjoy working in a dynamic environment.
Success in this role will require:
- Strong critical and entrepreneurial thinking skills
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- High aptitude for fast-paced learning
- Adaptability - comfortable with ambiguity and flexible with changes in direction
- Curiosity - energized to seek best knowledge and synthesize into a perspective
- Principled entrepreneurship - ability to work independently within the risk tolerance to output quickly, sharing work-in-progress analysis and iterating often
- Ability to prioritize and advance multiple projects at once
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Create financial modeling and analysis for investments and other key business decisions
- Perform industry research and competitive analysis related to potential investments and markets of interest
- Develop point-of-view on markets of interest and communicate to business leaders
- Identify and assess key profit drivers, risks and synergies related to potential transactions
- Prepare and present management approval documents
- Conduct due diligence for potential acquisitions
- Operate on a highly collaborative team
- Assume responsibility for 100% compliance with all laws, regulations, and standards applicable to this role
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Engineering or other business-related field
- Experience in a business development, market analysis, risk, accounting, or other finance related role
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Excel (ex: data analysis, complex formulas, pivot tables, vlookup, etc.)
- Experience processing complex information and presenting it clearly and concisely
- This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience in business development, corporate finance, investment banking, private equity or another role involving strategic and financial analysis and valuation
- Merger and acquisition deal experience
- Experience building three statement financial models
- Experience working with senior leadership and stakeholders
- Experience in commodity trading, energy, minerals, or metals
- Experience with data analysis/presentation tools (ex: Tableau)
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf