Assistant Machine Operator
Georgia-Pacific Mailers is Hiring!
Sign on Bonus $1,000
Payrate Range: $22.50 - $25.50 (based on experience)
Georgia-Pacific has openings for Assistant Machine Operators at our NEW-AIR CONDITIONED facility just outside Phoenix AZ, in Tolleson.
Georgia-Pacific is one of the world’s leading makers of tissue, pulp, packaging, building products and related chemicals. You may recognize our household brands, such as Brawny® paper towels, Quilted Northern® bath tissue and Dixie® cups and tableware. If you’re in the construction business, you’re probably familiar with our gypsum panels and other quality building materials. Even if you work in aerospace, mining or facilities management, Georgia-Pacific products may be part of your day.
Georgia-Pacific’s Mailers business is growing again! A part of the Packaging and Cellulose business, the Mailers business is expanding its product lines, working with key customers to create and launch one or more new products to complement our already thriving recyclable padded mailer business.
Find out more about our new mailers facility by clicking here: Mailers - Packaging & Cellulose | Georgia-Pacific (gppackaging.com)
This role works a Dupont schedule (rotating 24/7 shifts) which ends up giving you 13 weeks a year off and only working 14 days out of the month. What is a Dupont Schedule? Click here to find out.
We offer competitive compensation with the opportunity to earn overtime, health and dental benefits programs, paid time off/holidays and a 401k with an employer match and opportunities for career growth!! Come join our team
This position starts at $22.50/hr and will offer a $1,000 sign on bonus!!!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Read and understand all information on job ticket pertaining to a specific job and ensures that all necessary components to produce the job are present.
- Assist operators with preparing rolls for splices and order changes
- Help to complete crew members with cleaning and overall maintenance of the machines
- Loading and unloading of raw materials and waste
- Perform required quality inspections and tests, while maintaining accurate records of results
- Maintains a safe work environment
The Experience You Will Bring
- 6+ months previous experience operating production machinery
- This role works rotating 24x7 shifts (12 hours), with a 7-day break in every 28-day period.
Other Considerations/Physical Requirements:
- This role will perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to 12 hours/day in a loud/noisy, and high-volume environment
- This role will be on your feet for prolonged periods of time and lift 35lbs occasionally
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com