Production Associates, Mogadore, OH - New competitive hourly rate starting at $21.25!
This position offers a competitive benefits package
Start your career at the Georgia-Pacific corrugated plant in Mogadore, OH, located just outside of Akron!
Georgia-Pacific is looking for motivated Production Associates with a passion for safety to join our team in Mogadore, OH! At Georgia-Pacific, we don’t believe a job is just simply a job. We see each role as a career and a way to advance your skills to not only better your life, but the community as well. Production Associates will have the opportunity to work in any area of the facility including our Converting and Corrugator departments. This position is responsible for operating and troubleshooting equipment, by supporting our production efficiency and allowing our machine centers to create quality specialized packaging that meets our customers’ needs. Production Associates must adhere to strict safety rules and procedures within the facility to maintain a safe working environment.
This is a 24/7 plant. Employees in this role will be working 12-hour shifts. Shift hours may change depending on plant needs and will include weekends and holidays. In most positions, team members rotate the days of the week following this pattern: 2 on, 3 off, 2 on, 2 off, 3 on, 2 off. They may work every other weekend, and off every other weekend. This can be affected by mandatory overtime as needed.
Position Specific Details and Highlights:
- Starting rate of $21.25/hour
- We offer competitive Benefits and Perks: 401k match, Health insurance, Vision insurance, Life insurance, Tuition reimbursement, Free Employee Assistance Program.
- These roles work flexible shifts, weekends, holidays and overtime when needed. Shift placement will be determined upon need at time of hire.
Georgia-Pacific is one of the nation’s leading corrugated box manufacturers. To learn more about our Corrugated Division, visit http://www.gppackaging.com/Corrugated
If you enjoy working safely with a team, we look forward to hearing from you!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Operate equipment to defined standards and product specification targets
- Monitor and/or entry into computer control systems
- Troubleshoot equipment to optimize production
- Perform basic asset care duties to include routine preventative maintenance and cleaning of work area
- Work as a team to help meet or exceed production, waste, quality, and safety goals
- Operate and/or work around mobile equipment
- Maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment
- Perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day, in a loud/noisy, and industrial, high-volume environment
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience in a manufacturing, industrial, agricultural, or military environment OR completion of post high school education in a manufacturing/industrial centered program
What Will Put You Ahead
- Available to work any shift, weekends, holidays, and overtime when needed
- Experience using a computer, tablet or smart device
1+ years' experience working within a manufacturing or industrial environment
1+ years' experience operating a forklift
High School Diploma or G.E.D.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test. This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf