Utility Production Worker
Utility Production Worker
Georgia-Pacific (GP) is among the world's leading manufacturers of bath tissue, paper towels, napkins, tableware, paper-based packaging, office papers, cellulose, specialty fibers, nonwoven fabrics, building products and related chemicals. Our building products business makes DensGlass® gypsum board often seen in commercial construction, DryPly® plywood and RESI-MIX® wood adhesives, among others at the Taylorsville, MS location. Our containerboard and packaging business offers high-end graphic packaging to bulk bins as well as Golden Isles fluff pulp. You may also recognize consumer brands like Angel Soft®, Brawny®, and Dixie® on retail shelves and enMotion® towels, Compact® bath tissue and SmartStock® cutlery dispensers when you are away from home. Our GP Harmon business is one of the world's largest recyclers of paper, metal and plastics. As a Koch Company, we create long-term value using resources efficiently to provide innovative products and solutions that meet the needs of customers and society, while operating in a manner that is environmentally and socially responsible, and economically sound. Headquartered in Atlanta, GA., we employ approximately 35,000 people. For more information, visit www.gp.com . Taylorsville, MS Plywood Mill is a non-climate-controlled mill, which means you will be subjected to seasonal temperature changes. As a Utility Production Worker, you will learn multiple tasks and operator functions.
This is a union facility offering a set pay of $17.84/hr
Must be able to work any shift, nights and weekends
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures, including wearing safety equipment
- You will also be responsible for operating power equipment and hand tools to clean up debris in and around machines to ensure a safe work environment.
- Learning to operate machinery to expected performance levels
- Acting as a relief operator to cover other employees' breaks and vacations
- Keeping the work area clean throughout the shift to ensure a safe and orderly work environment
- Assisting team members throughout the mill during production times
- Providing coverage for operators who are absent or on vacation
- Performing basic care duties such as preventative maintenance on machinery or repairing minor issues
- Performing tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing, and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day
The Experience You Will Bring
- At least six (6) months of previous work experience in a manufacturing or production environment
- Work any shift, including nights, and weekends
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience using a computer
- One (1) year or more of experience working in the lumber, plywood, or timber industry
- Experience operating mobile equipment (e.g. forklifts, bobcats, cranes)
- One (1) year or more of leadership experience in a manufacturing environment
- At least six (6) months of work experience in a farming, carpentry, construction, or military environment
Why Work For GP?
- Competitive pay and benefits that help you manage your personal and financial wellness
- Opportunity for career growth at one of the largest, financially stable companies in the world
- A culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance
- Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
- Responsibilities and rewards based on contributions
- Continued company growth due to reinvesting 90% of our earnings
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf