Site Services Estimation Engineer-Middle East
Koch Engineered Solutions (KES) is seeking a Site Services Estimator to drive construction/ site services business growth for the Middle East region by developing cost estimations and initial schedules for construction activities through either internal estimation or market inquiries. Koch Engineered Solutions (KES) specializes in providing innovative technical and service solutions that can be applied in industrial value chains. The KES Equipment businesses provide uniquely engineered solutions in mass and heat transfer, combustion and emission controls, filtration, separation, materials application, automation, and actuation.
Our One-Source Solution (OSS) approach to “design/fabricate/install” projects offers multiple benefits – from optimized equipment design through final professional installation. KES Middle East creates unique value in the installation of equipment from John Zink Hamworthy, Koch-Glitsch, and Koch Heat Transfer with our specialized expertise with their products and our One-Team approach with the OEM project teams.
The service market served by the growing business is aligned with the Koch Engineering Solutions family of mass transfer, process and emission control products installed , upgraded and maintained in refinery, petro-chemical and heavy industrial facilities in the region.
The position will be office based in Dammam 2nd Industrial City, Saudi Arabia
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Attend pre-contract clarification meetings as appropriate.
- Prepare the complete bid estimate of the Plant through either internal estimation or market inquiries, in coordination with other Company’s departments, as necessary, targeting always the preparation of the winning proposal.
- Support commercial team with detailed estimates and schedules.
- Proactively analyze and propose proposal optimizations from all possible point of views (technical, commercial, schedule,…)
- Develop methodical sequencing or step-out plans required for safe and efficient site service installation, erection of KES equipment.
- Assess project risks and recommend contingencies where needed.
- Prepares the price lists (Client’s Price Breakdown), as per Instructions to Tenderers
- Evaluate together with site services department personnel technically and commercially third party construction bids.
- Develop database of estimates and work plans for the major families of KES equipment.
- Develop cost estimates for change orders on projects being executed in the field.
- Prepare requests for subcontractors quotations
- Presenting prepared estimates to management and other stakeholders
- Examining and determining key variables for cost and other estimates
- Building and maintaining healthy relationships with key vendors, subcontractors, suppliers, engineers, clients, team members, etc.
The Experience You Will Bring
• Extended experience in equipment and installation, erection, site services, cost estimation in Oil & Gas sector (in Mass Transfer and/or Flares and/or Thermal Oxidizers and/or Vapor Recovery Unit)
• Outstanding oral and written communication and negotiation abilities, as a project estimator is required to liaise with colleagues, subcontractors, and clients, and also negotiate with vendors in order to come up with a cost-effective decision
• Mechanical engineering background
• Travel up to 40% and work at other site locations throughout the region
• Strong proficiency in Excel, Microsoft Project or Primavera P6
• Fluency in English is required
What Will Put You Ahead
• Excellent self-management and organizational skills, which enable a project estimator to manage projects efficiently and also maintain calmness and composure when under pressure
• Sound mathematical skills with high analytical and computer literacy ability, which is required to identify and tackle issues tactically with the use of relevant computer tool or software