Cloud Engineer (i360)
i360, where The Data is the Difference, is the leading data and technology provider for those advancing a free and prosperous society through campaigns, nonprofits, and advocacy communities. i360 is a dynamic workplace sitting at the intersection of public policy, technology, and business, and is seeking team members who are as excited about the cause as they are about building the next generation of political technology.
i360 is seeking a Cloud Engineer to help with the planning and engineering of our systems infrastructure. Working with our Data Operations and Product Development teams, you will assist with building tools and scripts to monitor, troubleshoot, automate, and deploy our systems.
Success in this role requires both a passion for learning and for helping others and making their lives better; you do this by simplifying complex systems to make them understandable and operable. You can effectively communicate decisions, ideas, designs, and operation of systems and services in a clear and concise manner. Together with the team, you will be directly responsible for solutions for the platform in these key areas: availability, latency, performance, efficiency, change management, monitoring, security, emergency response, and capacity planning. Bring your ingenious mind, great team spirit and excellent communication skills to this great opportunity at i360!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Build skillset through assisting infrastructure team as needed
- Attend computer-based trainings
- Provision, decommission servers and services
- Build and maintain services, automation, and tools that will positively impact key areas (see above)
- Investigate system performance, errors, and problems
- Make network and security changes
- Work with Systems Administration Tools for monitoring, backups, and security
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a specialized team
The Experience You Will Bring
- 1+ years of experience with AWS (EC2, VPC, S3)
- Passion for technology and a willingness to learn
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering
- AWS Certifications
- Networking experience (security groups, DNS)
- Familiarity with Terraform or other infrastructure as code solutions
- Familiarity with scripting languages like Powershell, Python, or Bash
- Experience working with Linux based operating systems
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf