Regional Production Scheduler (Home Based)
Georgia-Pacific LLC is one of the world’s leading makers of tissue, pulp, packaging, building products and related chemicals. You may recognize our household brands, such as Brawny® paper towels, Quilted Northern® bath tissue and Dixie® cups and tableware. If you’re in the construction business, you’re probably familiar with our gypsum panels and other quality building materials. Even if you work in aerospace, mining or facilities management, Georgia-Pacific products may be part of your day. Georgia-Pacific is a subsidiary of Koch Industries, Inc. one of the largest privately held company in the United States. We are always interested in talented individuals, who want to create long term value, who are not afraid to challenge the status quo, and who seek to find fulfillment in what they do. To learn more about GP Building Products visit: https://buildgp.com/
We are seeking a Regional Production Scheduler for our Gypsum division. The Scheduler will be responsible for execution and optimization of our production plan across multiple manufacturing facilities and external warehouses. Additional responsibilities include scheduling creation, inventory replenishment, and effective communication across multiple capabilities with a heavy focus on continuous improvement and optimization. The ideal candidate should be a self-starter and catalyst for change, serve as an active challenge partner for his/her customers, demonstrate the ability to think critically and analytically, and effectively collaborate with a diverse set of resources driving alignment on recommendations based on data.
This role originates at our Corporate HQ in beautiful downtown Atlanta, GA and is a home-based role. The candidate will report to the Manager of Planning & Analysis.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Collaborating with manufacturing teams to provide optimal schedules that safely and profitably balance operational efficiencies with customer requirements
- Utilizing data to ensure both finished goods inventory and intermediate inventory will meet customer requirements and achieve business goals
- Executing strategies over short and long-term planning horizons which can include changes in schedule frequency, inventory builds, and/or planned maintenance risk mitigation
- Continuously assessing the effectiveness of the supply chain and seeking opportunities to challenge the status quo to drive optimization and innovation
- Identifying supply and demand imbalances facilitating resolution with sales and operations leaders using the Decision-Making Framework
- Coordinating and collaborating with various organizational units including sales, customer service, manufacturing, shipping, and transportation
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a concentration in Industrial Management, Engineering, Logistics, Supply Chain, Finance, Business, or related field
- Experience in a manufacturing, operations management, supply chain, customer service, OR financial/data analysis role (i. e. demand management, production planning, customer service, inventory management, quality management, production control, logistics, financial analysis)
- Microsoft Office experience including Excel (create and modify spreadsheets using formulas, ability to manipulate data, ability to perform data analysis) and PowerPoint (communicate recommendations to cross-functional teams and leadership)
- Willing and able to travel approximately 10%
What Will Put You Ahead
- Master’s degree with a concentration in Industrial Management, Engineering, Logistics, Supply Chain, Finance, or Business
- At least 2 years of experience in a manufacturing, operations management, supply chain OR financial/data analysis role (i. e. demand management, production planning, customer service, inventory management, quality management, production control, logistics, financial analysis)
- Experience within a manufacturing industry
- Gypsum industry experience and/or extensive product knowledge
- Proficient in any ERP system (SAP, Oracle, oneLISA etc.)
- Proficient in any optimization/scheduling software
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
For this role, we anticipate paying $70,000 - $100,000 per year. This role is eligible for variable pay, issued as a monetary bonus or in another form.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf