Senior Category Manager (Open to Remote - Eastern/Central Time Zones) - Grocery
This job posting is no longer active.
We are seeking a Sr. Category Manager supporting Ahold and Bj’s located in Atlanta, Georgia, Northeast or open to remote. The Sr. Category Manager is a thought leader and an integral part of the Ahold & Bj’s sales team as they develop consumer and retailer centric strategies/tactics to achieve increased market share, sales, and profitability. They will also support the development of Georgia-Pacific brands through proactive mining of data (Ahold/Delhaize IRI Gateway, BJ’s Advanced Insights Platform, IRI, Kantar, Shopper Research…etc) for business and analytical insights with the purpose of turning them into actionable recommendations and high-quality business plans that grow the paper categories and create long term value for our retail customers and Georgia-Pacific. Finally, the Sr. Category Manager will support planning and have active participation in key customer engagements. This role reports to the Director of Category Management – Grocery Channel.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Enhance Georgia-Pacific’s relationship with Ahold and Bj’s and be viewed as an objective category-first thought leader
- Objectively evaluate category and shopper data from multiple sources to draw insights that lead to conclusions and compelling presentation of stories with actionable recommendations that promote overall category growth and profitability
- Drive improvements in the business through assortment, shelving, pricing, and promotion analyses
- Build comprehensive knowledge of the products, attributes, strategies, tactics, and competitive trends in the marketplace for assigned categories
- Build and deliver compelling PowerPoint presentations & story boards to a variety of stakeholders to influence key outcomes
- Work back with HQ teams by providing data and input to help develop and implement best in class strategies for Georgia-Pacific and all appropriate brands within the category
- Utilize all relevant reporting tools and customize detailed reports as needed to provide the organization with an informed foundation and strong POV to manage the business
- Drive positive change by deploying Sales Force Effectiveness capabilities: Joint Business Planning, Omni Channel and Commercial Innovation
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 years of Consumer Products Goods or related field experience
- 4 years of experience in a CPG Category Management role
- 4 years of experience with Nielsen or IRI syndicated data
- Experience with data mining and aggregation to assess, interpret and translate from multiple data sources into actionable customer/shopper insights
- Experience with presentations/story telling
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.