Business Development Associate
We are looking for an Associate Business Development Manager to protect share and foster growth within assigned vertical market(s). The Associate Business Development Manager will act as a hunter to bring in new customer prospects, while combing our existing customer base to identify new target markets and/or product development opportunities, while maintaining the Molex sales teams actively engaged in representing the Molex Busbar business. Responsibilities include market prospecting (new opportunity identification and prioritization), Voice of Customer representation, and NPI process adherence to ensure consistent project wins, and successful product launches that meet customer expectations. The Associate Business Development Manager will have global vertical market responsibility which may require some domestic and international travel as needed to win new programs.
What You Will Do In Your Role
*Be mindful of customer priorities during the New Product Development Process
- Communicate the Voice of the Customer to the organization with reference to the Project.
- Be responsive and timely to customer’s requests for information and deliverables.
- Manage the customer to ensure that Molex meets project acceptance criteria, while meeting customer expectations.
- Present new Product Development requests by filtering for the right type of projects and gather VOC information from the customer and sales teams for the busbar development team
- Quote strategically to win new designs with a focus on optimizing profitability.
*Be the Team Organizer
- Ensure prompt and clear two-way communications between the customer and the Molex NPI teams to clarify project requirements, convey Molex NPI inquiries, and minimize project delays.
- Report barriers clearly and concisely to gain management action.
- Facilitate win-win scenarios between team members for the overall project benefit.
- Drive and focus the team on the execution of the Project Plan.
- Work efficiently and effectively with team members and their functional managers.
- Responsible to achieve the Project Plan requirements for Cost, Quality and Timing.
- Make sure the Molex New Product Development process and procedures are followed.
*Perform Business Development function
- Make use of Product Management methodologies such as Action Item Lists, Team meetings, Change Control, Timelines, etc. to manage the team through execution of the Project Plan.
- Execute professional, informative, and timely Project Phase Reviews.
- Work globally with our customers and Molex team members from around the world.
*Perform Risk Management to protect the Project Plan
- Work with product development team to identify potential risks to plan execution and identify appropriate Mitigation or Contingency Plans.
- Get management support for proactive activities to meet the Project Plan.
- Work with the sales and delivery team to ensure successful project delivery.
*Achieve financial performance by meeting the goals set forth in the Project Plan for capital expenditure (PARs), Cost Justification performance and expense budget.
- Document Annual Budget for open Project Plans.
*Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor's Degree
- 1+ years of sales experience working directly with customers and sales teams
- New Product Development Team experience such as roles in engineering, product management, etc.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficient in Salesforce
- Strong presentation skills that show the ability to prepare and deliver concise and effective presentations to customers and Molex management.
- Organizational skills to anticipate, plan, prioritize and self-monitor workload.
- Effective written and oral communication skills that demonstrate the ability to express ideas, exchange information clearly and concisely, and deliver concise and effective presentations to customers and Molex personnel.
- Must be sensitive to the customer’s needs and show a sense of urgency to address customer issues
- Travel to customers/plants as needed (up to 25%)
What Will Put You Ahead
- 3+ years of experience in sales or product development activities
- Experience in the electronics/connector manufacturing industry
- Experience working directly with external customers
- Proficient in MS Project
- Proficient in SAP/RPM/BW
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf