We are looking for Process Engineers with an entrepreneurial spirit with a drive to create value at the Corpus Christi, TX refinery. The Process Engineer is a key member of the site Process Engineering Department as well as a critical member of Business Teams for assigned units. The process engineering team is dedicated to being the technical leaders that drive the highest value solution for our partners. You will be joining a technical community of 30+ chemical engineers dedicated to the troubleshooting, optimization, and design improvement of the refinery units.
At Flint Hills Resources your career and professional development is a top priority. This includes a personal development plan, assigned mentors, dedicated off-sites training, and tuition re-imbursement programs. The Process Engineering Department has a proven track record of upward development leading to increasingly challenging roles across Flint Hills Resources and Koch Industries.
Flint Hills Resources is a different kind of company, we are privately owned, we have 9/80 flexible schedules, and our compensation philosophy is based on the value you create. Come realize your full potential and join our team!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Developing value creation ideas and projects economic analysis for assigned units and technologies
- Leading unit health metrics, troubleshooting, and optimization
- Utilizing unit monitoring tools and programs
- Owning operating envelope program
- Analyzing HX cleaning monitoring and performance
- Unit troubleshooting support
- Validating LP vectors and LP model assumptions
- Leading the chemical and catalyst performance and process costs
- Owning unit catalyst plan and catalyst health
- Owning the chemical additive selection
- Participating in turnaround program technical support and technical scoping
- Directing and assisting Operations for design of experiments and process guidelines
- Owning Solomon data and gap analysis
- Contributing to process safety and environmental performance through Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) programs, Management of Changes (MOC), investigations team member or leader
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor of Science or higher in Chemical Engineering from an ABET (or similar) accredited program
- Minimum of three (3) years of industrial experience
What Will Put You Ahead
- Five (5) years or more of refinery or chemical plant experience
- Previous experience with Hydroprocessing, SRU, FCCU, Alky, Crude, Aromatics, Utilities or Reformer (CCR)
- Process modeling simulation with Aspen HYSYS or KBC Petrosim
- Experience leading cross-functional teams
This role is subject to the Transportation Workers Identification Credentialing (TWIC) rule and requires the successful candidate to obtain a TWIC Identification badge, allowing for un-escorted access to the facility within a specific time period.
THIS ROLE IS NOT ELIGIBLE FOR VISA SPONSORSHIP
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf