Director, Operational Technology (Remote)
Make the world smarter, safer and better for everyone. At Molex, we’re a global team of innovators who design and create solutions for businesses where data, technology and the complex electronic solutions that harness them are being transformed by rapid change. We are seeking a visionary leader as a Director, Operational Technology to build and guide the global operational technology capability by molding OT teams to drive an aligned digital experience at Molex plants.
Molex has over 80 manufacturing locations and 47 design centers in 21 countries; Providing innovating electronic solutions in industries like: telecom, datacom, consumer, industrial, mobile, automotive, medical and aerospace/defense. We are currently undergoing a business led initiative to transform our Digital Product Lifecycle. We are investing heavily to modernize, standardize and connect our processes both upstream (product development) and downstream (manufacturing and operations).
The ideal candidate will have experience driving strategy and providing structure and direction in the OT space. He/She will have strong leadership skills with global experience to challenge the status quo within the OT organization.
This role is open to being worked remotely in the US, with a preference to sit in Chicago. This role will require up to 25% of travel, some of which may be global.
What You Will Do In Your Role
This role will provide various fulfilling and challenging responsibilities and tasks. At a high level, responsibilities can be summarized below, but are not limited to the following areas:
- Resolve escalated issues, remove roadblocks and barriers to success
- Create and build Business & Digital Partnerships across the organization through the establishment and growth of IT/OT – Site Services and conduct site visits when appropriate to build these relationships.
- Act as a liaison between Molex and Koch Global Services • Evaluate and leverage available services appropriately
- Elevate Total Experience for Plant and team.
- Lead, Guide and develop Managers and teams, locally and remotely
- Hire and develop talent that aligns with Koch Market Based Management principles and seeks to constantly achieve better results and embrace creative destruction.
- Accountable for globally localized Digital experiences and provide engagement support for projects and initiatives that support Molex Business Transformation.
- Create and encourage an environment of challenging the status quo, encourages experimentation and creative problem solving.
- Challenge existing operating models and develop modern support services
The Experience You Will Bring
- 10+ years’ leadership experience in a corporate environment, IT or OT space
- Experience with building and managing strong business relationships
- Experience leading, developing and hiring teams
- Experience working globally and cross functionally within a company
- Experience developing and leading technology strategies
- Experience implementing systems and applications in an enterprise environment
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s Degree or 10 years in a related field (Business, IT, Consumer)
- Fluent in Chinese
- 5+ years’ experience with high level decision authority in a complex technical organization
- 4+ years consumer experience focused process improvement
- 1+ years' experience with shop floor systems support of Manufacturing Execution System like software products (e.g. OPC, Historian, Label printers, RF scanners, Tablets, Visualization, etc.)
- Experience supporting remote employees
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
For this role, we anticipate paying $130,000 - $ 170,000 per year. This role is eligible for variable pay, issued as a monetary bonus or in another form.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf