Mechanical Engineering Specialist
Mechanical Engineering Specialist
As a world-class manufacturer of innovative process equipment for water treatment and chemicals purification and recovery, Eco-Tec, A Koch Separation Solutions Company is a trusted source for systems incorporating advanced proprietary ion exchange and other innovative separations technologies for liquids and gases. Eco-Tec, A Koch Separation Solutions Company is delivering value to its customers by reducing environmental footprint, stabilizing product quality, increasing productivity, and reducing operational costs.
Eco-Tec, A Koch Separation Solutions Company is looking for a Mechanical Engineering Specialist in our Pickering, ON location. In this role, you will design structural, piping and vessel components and provide day-to-day mechanical engineering input. You will also monitor the workflow to ensure deadlines and quality standards are met.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Provide mechanical design of systems/equipment for purchasing and fabrication per the Sales order and in accordance with applicable client specifications, industrial codes/standards, recommended practices, and Eco-Tec procedures and standards. The design activity entails development of layouts, piping drawings, skid frame and supports, and pneumatics.
- Evaluate, select, and design systems that include:
- Pressure vessels (beds, filters, reservoirs, etc.),
-Pumps, blowers, compressors, mixers, etc.,
-heat exchangers, condensers, evaporators, etc.,
-Valves (isolation, flow regulation, safety and relief etc.),
-Instrument and measurement and control devices.
- Project management for large contracts focusing primarily on the internal and external communications to ensure effective execution of work and change management.
- Preparation of project documentation in accordance with the project schedule.
- Recommend and develop product design improvements to meet the needs of the client in the competitive marketplace.
- Provide direction and work in conjunction with Mechanical Designers.
- Document quality standards for systems/equipment/documentation.
- Recommend and evaluate new components.
- Anticipate, detect, analyze and resolve mechanical design problems.
- Equipment costing, review of tendering specifications and related documentation.
- Inspection of major components.
- Training of personnel on the use of new components.
- Prepare Engineering Change Notices.
- Provide inventory descriptions and part numbers, and advise direction for stock.
- Review budgets before BOMs are released to the Materials Group.
- Ensure adherence to schedules and budgets.
- Assist the Manager to achieve company goals and to maximize the potential of other team members through mentoring and support.
- Provide support to the Technical Service dept. and sales group through technical advice, completion of corrective and preventative action requests (CPARs) and periodic on-site assistance.
- Assist with the documentation departmental work procedures.
- Attend training programs necessary to maintain/upgrade skills.
- Ability to work overtime as required
- Perform other related duties as required by manager.
The Experience You Will Bring
What Will Put You Ahead
- P.Eng. designation
- Experience with Compress
- Experience with ANSYS FEA programs for structural design, seismic analysis and fatigue assessment
Eco-Tec is committed to creating an inclusive culture across the organization by preventing and removing barriers for persons with disabilities. If you require any accommodations during the recruitment process, please let us know.