Industrial Electrician (Maintenance Technician)
Industrial Electrician - $42.00/hr
Flexible Benefits Package and Competitive Pension Plan
INVISTA: Makers of goods. Advocates of better.
Are you looking to join a company that values sustainability as well as innovative thinking? Whether you are starting out or looking to take the next step in your career, INVISTA has the right opportunity for you. With a strong commitment to health and safety as well as a culture built around integrity, INVISTA has a challenging and fulfilling role waiting for you.
Our INVISTA Kingston, ON facility is seeking an Industrial Electrician (Maintenance Technician).
What You Will Do in Your Role
- Take responsibility for electrical preventive maintenance and repair work in accordance with our Environmental, Health, and Safety practices as part of the operating shift team.
- Review the weekly work schedule and coordinate with the operating shift team to align on priorities to successfully execute critical work to maintain equipment availability and PM compliance
- Execute preventative maintenance and condition monitoring
- Maintain accurate maintenance logs including labor hours and critical preventive maintenance findings, and analysis and suggestions on frequency
- Support the development and implementation of reliability centered maintenance strategies
- Provide training for operating shift team members to build capability within the team
- Installation, performing routine, preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of industrial electrical and instrumentation equipment
- Reading/interpreting technical work orders, blueprints, technical manuals, single line electrical drawings, electrical code specifications, schematics, P&IDs and instrument loop drawings
The Experience You Will Bring
- Licensed as an Industrial Electrician/Construction & Maintenance Electrician Minimum of 2 years recent working experience as an Electrician
- At least one year of experience troubleshooting Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) and Variable Frequency Drives (VFD)
- Experience working with and understand electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic schematics and P&IDs
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot, locate, identify, and diagnose malfunctions
- Strong ability to work under minimal supervision
- Good interpersonal skills, communication skills and the ability to collaborate well with peers, engineering, and management
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and interest in continuous learning and improvement.
- Must place a high value on safety and have past work experience demonstrating same
- Able to work in a tobacco free environment
- Ability to work a rotating 12-hour shift. Work schedule is subject to change with notification, depending upon business needs. Additionally, must be available to work scheduled (Planned) or unscheduled (unplanned/short-notice hours on nights and/or weekends, holidays as needed), to meet business needs.
- Required to wear any or all the following PPE: safety glasses, hearing protection, goggles, hard hats, FRC, acid suits, gloves, safety boots, respirators, and encapsulated suits. PPE use is in accordance with the Job Safety Analysis (JSA) for a given task.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50lbs.
- Ability to work in hot, cold, and inclement climate conditions.
- Must be able to work in confined spaces and congested areas.
- Elevated work - must be able to climb stairs, ladders, ladders on vessels and columns, ladders associated with scaffolds.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Work experience as an Industrial Electrician in an industrial, manufacturing, refining and or chemical facility
- Multi-craft certifications
- SAP Experience
- Planning experience in an industrial or refining or petrochemical facility
- Experience troubleshooting equipment issues and facilitating RCA, Cause Mapping, and Failure Mode Cause Analysis.
- Served as a member of the emergency response team
- Experience utilizing a variety of technology
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office programs, use of mobile technologies (tablets, phones, etc), use of apps, wi-fi connected technology.
- $42.00 per hour plus shift premium
- Value Creation Incentive, our VCI is based on individual employee performance, it’s value is the equivalent of an additional 2-12% of classification base rate, applied to every hour worked
- Flexible benefits package
- Competitive Pension plan
- Performance Bonus Program
- Vacation Purchase Program
- Additional Floating Holidays
- Education Assistance Program for Job Related Training
- Advancement Opportunities
- 6-month probationary period
INVISTA’s commitment to continuous improvement has led its employees to develop some of the most durable, versatile polymers and fibers in the world.
INVISTA also offers specialty chemical intermediates and process technologies. See the bigger picture atINVISTA.com
To find out more about working at INVISTA’s Kingston Site: Watch this!
How to apply?
If you have the above qualifications, we would like to hear from you. We thank all applicants, in advance, and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer. If you require accommodation or assistance at any time during the application or selection processes, please submit a request by following the directions located at the bottom of kochcareers.com webpage.