Manager, International Trade - Exports
This job posting is no longer active.
This is an exciting time for Georgia Pacific as we are seeking an experienced Manager - International Trade focused on exports, to join the International Trade Capability which supports all of GP's businesses by facilitating the ease of business in global markets. This position will primarily focus on business consultation, risk mitigation strategies, analysis of import/export regulatory impacts and trade flows/complex transactions for our Packaging business segment. The International Trade Capability reports into the GP Law Department.
This position is flexible for candidates residing in Texas, North Carolina, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, California & Washington with considerations for being near a Georgia-Pacific or Koch Industries facility. Ideally the candidate would be located near the Georgia Pacific headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia.
To learn more about Georgia Pacific and the packaging segment this role will be supporting visit: https://www.gppackaging.com/
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Daily business consultation and customer service to employees, drive international trade awareness, which includes providing support for all aspects of international trade compliance covered by import and export regulations
- Proactively identify compliance gaps, escalate issues, and contribute in the process of establishing key controls
- Identify cost savings opportunities and measure to create long-term value
- Initiate, coordinate and/or lead cross-functional projects (including customer service, sales, sourcing, tax, transportation, and contacts at the facilities) to accomplish core responsibilities and project goals
- Free trade agreement qualification of products and the drafting of certificates of origin
- Proper classification of products, technology and software for import and export activities
- Collaborate with the business to determine appropriate import/export license requirements
- Cultivate proven best practices and lead continuous improvement projects within organization
- Continuous learning, promotion, and application of MBM® Collaboration with various levels of internal and external stakeholders
- Prioritize and balance long-term projects and goals in perspective with immediate/short-term responsibilities
- Stay abreast of new, amended, or proposed regulatory activities to determine business impact, implement necessary program modifications and effectively communicate throughout the organization
A Successful Candidate Would Possess The Following:
- Thought leader with demonstrated ability to innovate and lead transformative initiatives
- Excellent customer service, problem-solving, data analytics, collaboration, and communication skills
- Ability to apply economic thinking to compliance
- Effective management of multiple, complex projects
- Desire to thrive in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 8+ years of experience in international trade-related activities in export trade, including:
- Knowledge on US Export Administration Regulations and other government regulations
- Proper classification of finished goods, machinery, raw materials, and products for export and import
- Extensive knowledge of global country documentation requirements
- Experience with classifications, determination of license requirements, valuation determination free trade agreement qualification
- Understanding of Incoterms and their practical application
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products to include Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook
What Will Put You Ahead
- 10+ years of experience in international trade-related activities or roles; international work experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in International Business/Trade, Logistics or Supply Chain
- U.S. Licensed Customs Broker or similar international trade related certification (e.g., Certified U.S. Export Compliance Officer)
- Knowledge of global export and import regulatory compliance requirements
- Export and import valuation services, including the tracking and declaration of additions to price paid or payable
- Experience with CTPAT/AEO programs, IMMEX programs and free trade zones
- Experience in international logistics and capital equipment shipments
- Work experience at a customs broker or freight forwarder company
- Fluency in foreign languages
- Experience working with Global Trade Management software (e.g., Integration Point)
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.