Director of Finance & Strategy
Georgia-Pacific’s Strategic Sourcing & Procurement (“SS&P”) organization is responsible for the strategic category management, sourcing and procuring the supplies and materials that are critical to our supply chain at more than 140 locations across the US. The SS&P organization is currently undergoing an exciting transformation where we are partnering with our business partners and leveraging best practices to build internal capabilities that uniquely position the team to improve decision making and capture significant value by leveraging market insights and deep economic analysis. This effort is a critical element in Georgia-Pacific’s continuous transformation of our end-to-end supply chain. It is an exciting time to be part of a growing team and at the center of the transformation to help mold the future state of Georgia Pacific’s sourcing capability.
The Sourcing Director of Finance & Strategy will report directly to the SVP of sourcing and procurement. As a key role on the SS&P leadership team, this role will be critical in supporting and building best practices for sourcing during the transformation. The leader will be accountable for a team that works closely with the category leaders to drive visibility of sourcing P&L capture rate across all manufacturing locations. This leader will be supporting category leaders with the identification and prioritization of strategic actions that drive profitable P&L improvements. The Sourcing Finance Strategy Leader will lead the financial performance reviews and forecasting of spend to commercial teams and the GP leadership team.
This senior role will partner with sourcing by design to develop deep knowledge of GP’s category strategies and utilize analytical skills to support the evaluation of market conditions’ impact on category strategies for all of GP’s supply chain spend. Using influence, leadership and communications skills, the role effectively guides key stakeholders through the economic thinking and risk evaluation of market conditions that support our commercial sales teams.
This role is based in Atlanta, GA GP Center.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Foster economic thinking across the organization
- Support the transformation and capability building of sourcing to enable transparency in financial performance
- Develop strategies that increase visibility of spend across categories and mills
- Partner with category leadership to build profitable strategies to manage category performance
- Support category leaders with developing category visions and performance metrics
- Partner with sourcing leadership team to develop and report insights on market conditions by category
- Improve tools for value tracking and communicate bet progress within SS&P and across GP
- Design, build, and communicate KPI metrics regularly for SS&P operational improvements
- Communicate monthly results and develop appropriate insights for action with GP leadership
- Collaborate with category, business and finance leaders to connect cost trends to commercial strategies and influence profitable actions.
- Partner with manufacturing finance team to track and prioritize specific initiatives for each manufacturing facility to drive category strategies
- Coach and mentor team members to support the building of strategic capabilities
- Be a knowledge partner on critical economic decisions (new contracts, marginal evaluation, investments)
- Serve in a key role on the Cross Koch SS&P capability leadership team focused on capability building
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 8 years progressive experience in financial analysis, strategic planning, business development, business decision support, or related roles
- Experience driving change across a matrix organization
- Experience applying strong analytical and problem‐solving capabilities to drive actionable insights to present a point of view to key stakeholders
- Experience communicating and presenting financial concepts to various audiences in person and via audio and video formats; you are comfortable being seen and heard
- Advanced PowerPoint skills (creating large decks, embedding/linking data, and media, creating templates, graphic designs and crisp formatting)
- Leading the collection of fact-based data, performing the financial analysis
- Ability to travel up to 25% domestically
What Will Put You Ahead
- At least 10 years progressive experience in financial analysis, strategic planning, business development, business decision support, or related roles
- Advanced degree or MBA in finance, business analytics, economics, or other discipline that requires quantitative knowledge
- Leadership experience (i.e., developing the capabilities of a team, leading transformation, being a driver of company initiatives, project leadership, or similar)
- FP&A background and modeling experience which includes key driver analysis, economic framing, business and operations strategy development, and innovative approaches to visualization
- Advanced Excel skills (financial modeling, connecting to external data sources, charts/graphs, heatmapping, pivots)
- Experience with data analysis/visualization tools (i.e., Power BI, Alteryx, Tableau, VBA, Hyperion, SQL, etc.)
- Manufacturing industry experience
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf