Come solve some of the greatest industrial challenges of our time. You see, as attitudes surrounding ecological responsibility have changed, regulations have become more challenging. This means companies worldwide are turning to us at John Zink, part of Koch Engineered Solutions, for cost-effective and environmentally friendly solutions to improve their everyday processes. Lucky for them, we pride ourselves on turning our customer's complex problems into easy solutions and we are looking for the right people to help us drive this vision.
John Zink is looking for a Technician to fill Monday - Thursday (10 hour shifts); not including Overtime
What You Will Do In Your Role
- 100% involvement the safety programs.
- Daily setup and tear down of projects.
- Testing of combustion equipment such as process burners, thermal oxidizers and flares.
- Work closely with Process and R&D engineers.
- Daily use of computers and HMI systems.
- QC products when they arrive at the test center.
- Perform facility preventative maintenance and routine inspections.
- Work in group settings as well as be a self-starter and efficient worker.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Previous welding experience in GTAW and SMAW with the ability to pass 6G welding test within three months of hire date
- Possess a mechanical background (i.e. manufacturing, mechanic, fabrication, oil & gas industry)
- Previous experience in the proactive application of safe work practices
- Previous experience using Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Must be able to pass all pre-employment test requirements including occupational lift test (50# or less), audiogram, respirator fit test with OSHA questionnaire and a Pulmonary Function Test with OSHA questionnaire review
- Able to successfully become certified and work at heights up to 100' in an aerial lift
- Must have legal authorization to work permanently in the United States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship
What Will Put You Ahead
- Previous experience/knowledge of Pipe fitting
- PLC & HMI knowledge
- Previous experience and skills with Electrical or instrumentation
- Technical school degree or an Associate's degree or higher in related field
- Ability to work in all types of weather conditions outside in full FR coveralls
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Ability to perform confined space entry work inside of test facility furnaces and related equipment
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf