FIELD SERVICE ENGINEER
Koch Separation Solutions (KSS) formerly Koch Membrane Systems (KMS) is looking for a Field Service Representative/Engineer to perform several tasks to assist KSS commission systems purchased by clients, assist clients in different tasks, and support KSS Sales with technical details of our products. We will provide on the job training and a great team atmosphere. The right person must be open to learning, take feedback, and be driven to be successful.
A secondary role will be to maintain the membrane pilot systems.
This position is based in Wilmington, MA, however. This role will require up to 50% travel.
This role is not eligible for VISA sponsorship
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Perform customer support activities involving the service, installation, maintenance, modification and repair of Koch Separation Solution's membranes and systems. Be capable of perform service activities of systems comprised of combined technologies, such as MBR, UF, NF, and RO filtration technologies. Demonstrate knowledge of filtration systems in the food, dairy, beverage, e-coat and water and wastewater applications.
- Perform controls engineering tasks within the Engineering Services Group by troubleshooting controls issues and modifying PLC and HMI code in the field as required to achieve successful project execution while minimizing the Controls Engineers time in the field.
- Participate in and conduct customer training sessions.
- Provide in-house telephonic customer support for technical problems and questions.
- Participate proactively in a 24/7 emergency on call duty roster
- Identify and pursue sales opportunities (membranes, systems, field services, cleaning chemicals and replacement parts). This includes directing all leads to the appropriate group for follow up.
- Provide technical support for inspection of outsourced systems to determine supplier compliance with KSS specifications and procedures.
- Assist both the Mechanical Design and Engineering and Controls Engineering Groups in the development of as-built drawings and documentation.
- Write and prepare Operation and Maintenance Manuals for new and custom membrane filtration systems.
- Assist in the revision of Operation and Maintenance Manuals for existing "standard" membrane system designs.
- Travel 50% (average) mainly domestically and in north and central America.
- Prepare and refurbish pilot systems as required for field deployment.
- Orchestra and plan shipping and deployment of all pilot systems.
- Provide technical support for in-house testing of systems.
The Experience You Will Bring
- 1+ years industry experience in PLC/HMI
- 1+ years industry experience handling hydraulic equipment, including pumps, valves and instrumentation
- 1+ years experience utilizing Microsoft Office products in a professional environment
- Mechanical repair and installation experience
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs of equipment
What Will Put You Ahead
- Previous experience as a mechanical, chemical, environmental or electrical engineer or licensed electrician with PLC/HMI experience
- 2+ years hands on experience with equipment used for large scale filtration systems
- 5+ years industry experience in PLC/HMI
- Experience sourcing parts
- Forklift experience
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf