Business Development Engineer
Molex makes a connected world possible by working together as a global team to enable technology that transforms the future and improves people's lives. We, the Connected Mobility Solutions (CMS) Networking group, develop high-speed connector and cable assemblies to support current and future automotive electrical architectures for all global OEMs.
With every evolution, our products are continually getting faster, smaller, and more complex. To ensure that product performance is consistently best in class and improvements are captured and passed on to future products, we are expanding our product development team.
As a Business Development Engineer, you will focus on future vehicle electrical architectures, working with the customer and internal cross-functional teams to produce optimal products that provide the customer with the most value. This role will help form the vision that will drive Product Management’s roadmap and engineering strategy. This role will also guide and mentor engineers in the development of next-generation products used in automotive high-speed / multi-Gig connection systems.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Identify long-term customer technology trends
- Anticipate customer product needs years ahead of formal Customer Request for Quotes (RFQ) events.
- Assess Molex competitor capabilities to determine potential Molex market opportunities
- Assess Molex current or near-term Product Technical and manufacturing capabilities against customer near-term product needs to determine new product technology opportunities
- Provide technical POV to Molex Product Management on new product technology opportunities
- Match customers SMES to Molex SMEs in support of new product concept development efforts
- Understand customers’ pain points, interpret them clearly and work with back-end/internal teams for solutions, and present/explain the technical values we can bring to customers
- Participate in industry meetings and initiatives, and maintain a high level of product, industry, and market knowledge
- Build successful engineering contacts and working relationships with key technical areas of the customer
- Communicate with adjacent internal engineering / product teams on project topics
- Work with customer, leadership, and other cross-functional groups to develop a team vision supporting CMS Networking business segment objectives.
- Work with engineering management to identify core competencies needed for future development
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, Physics, or equivalent technical degree.
- 5+ years of experience with developing electrical terminals, connectors, or cable assemblies for automotive applications
- Demonstrated Behaviors
- Integrity: Does the right thing when no one is watching and regardless of consequences.
- Curiosity: Has a deep desire to understand cause and effect relationships. Asks why often.
- Attention to Detail: Picks up on subtle, critical nuances that others often overlook.
- Decisiveness: Makes timely and effective decisions, often with limited information.
- Adaptability: Demonstrates willingness to adjust behavior and decisions based on new conditions.
- Good Communicator: Conveys complex technical concepts concisely and is receptive to others’ inputs.
- Focused on Transformation: is uneasy with the status quo and drives to make change
What Will Put You Ahead
- Master’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, Physics, or equivalent technical degree or experience
- 7+ Years of experience with developing electrical terminals, connectors, or cable assemblies for automotive applications
- 2+ Years in mentoring role to other design engineers
- Proficient with use of the following tools:
- Product Documentation: 2D/3D CAD, GD&T, DVP&R, PLM
- Predictive Analysis: Variation Analysis, Numerical Simulation, DFMEA, Problem Solving Methodology
- Observation: Statistical Analysis, XPS, SEM, Profilometer, Digital Image Correlation
- Microsoft Office products: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, MS Project, Visio
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf