SHIFT E/I TECHNICIAN - A
This job posting is no longer active.
INVISTA is a global manufacturer of chemical intermediates, polymers and fibers. From parts for the automotive industry to medical equipment, air bags, food packaging, carpet and clothing, our ingredients in the nylon 6,6 and polypropylene value chains help bring many of life’s essential products to market. A subsidiary of Koch Industries since 2004, INVISTA is committed to innovation and responsibly creating more value for its customers and society while consuming fewer resources to make these products. See the bigger picture at INVISTA.com.
Join INVISTA as E/I Technician as we are looking for a motivated person to perform electrical and instrumentation preventive maintenance and repair work as part of the operating shift team. You will review weekly work schedule and coordinate with the operating shift team to align on priorities to successfully execute critical work to maintain equipment availability and PM compliance. 12 Hr. rotating shift schedule
What You Will Do In Your Role
Shift I&E Technicians are primarily responsible for instrumentation and electrical preventive maintenance and repair work in accordance with our Environmental, Health, and Safety practices as part of the operating shift team. You will:
- Review the weekly work schedule and coordinate with the operating shift team to align on priorities to successfully execute critical work to maintain equipment availability and PM compliance.
- Maintain accurate maintenance logs including labor hours and critical preventive maintenance findings.
- Assist in the development and implementation of reliability centered maintenance strategies
- Type of work can include but not limited to: inspecting, testing, troubleshooting, repairing, installing, calibrating and maintaining instrumentation equipment including transmitters, valves, I/P, positioners, actuators, flow meters, tubing, conductivity, RTD, thermocouples, motors, starters, breakers, transformers, isolation switches, relays, fuses, resistors, AC Drives, electrical cable, fiber optic cable, coaxial cable, conduit, receptacles, PLC’s, etc.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Basic understanding of electrical prints, loop sheets, and P&IDs
- At least one of the following requirements:
- Associate Degree or Higher in a related I&E field with a minimum of 2 years of practical experience in the refining or petrochemical industry.
- Minimum of 3 years of Instrumentation, Instrumentation & Electrical, Electrical or Analyzer experience in a manufacturing, industrial or agriculture facility.
- NCCER certification or equivalent in one of the following areas:
- Electronic System Technician
- Industrial Maintenance Electrical & Instrumentation
- Ability to work a rotating 12-hour shift. Work schedule is subject to change with notification, depending upon business needs. Additionally, must be available to work scheduled (Planned) or unscheduled (unplanned/short-notice hours on nights and/or weekends, holidays as needed), to meet business needs.
- Required to wear any or all of the following PPE: safety glasses, hearing protection, goggles, hard hats, FRC, acid suits, breathing air, gloves, safety boots, respirators, ACR Flash suits, and encapsulated suits. PPE use is in accordance with the Job Safety Analysis (JSA) for a given task.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50lbs.
- Ability to work in hot, cold, and inclement climate conditions.
- Must be able to work in confined spaces with supplied breathing air and congested areas.
- Must be able to climb stairs, ladders, ladders on vessels and columns, ladders associated with scaffolds in excess of 80 feet
What Will Put You Ahead
- Minimum of 5 years of Instrumentation, Instrumentation & Electrical, Electrical or Analyzer experience in a manufacturing, industrial or agriculture facility.
- SAP Experience
- At least 1 Year of experience as a Mechanical Craftsman (Machinist/Millwright/Pipefitter/Boilermaker) in a manufacturing, industrial or agriculture facility
- At least 1 Year of experience as a Soft Craftsman (Scaffolding/Rigger/Painter/Sandblaster/Operator) in a manufacturing, industrial or agriculture facility
- Multi-craft certifications
- Planning experience in a refining or petrochemical facility
- Experience troubleshooting equipment issues and facilitating RCA, Cause Mapping, and Failure Mode Cause Analysis.
- Served as a member of the emergency response team
This role is subject to a pre-hire physical abilities test.
This role is not eligible for Visa sponsorship.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.