This job posting is no longer active.
Georgia Pacific is hiring a Fiberline Operator for our Perdue Hill, AL River facility. The Fiberline Operator position creates value by safely operating pulping and bleaching process equipment to meet or exceed the mill’s production and quality goals.
This position pays $19.20 per hour.
The Fiberline Operator will work twelve (12) hour rotating shifts and required overtime as needed which may include weekends and holidays.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Monitors process variables to maintain efficient process operations and meet department quality, cost, and production goals
- Progresses through the appropriate skills level checklist in a timely manner with the goal to advance to the Daily Operating Center Position
- Performs equipment cleanup and operator basic care including minor maintenance tasks and troubleshooting
- Performs railcar and tanker truck loading and unloading operations for hazardous materials produced or consumed in the process
- Maintains strict adherence to safety rules & regulations to include wearing required safety equipment
- Required to attend and complete mandatory and ongoing trainings
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- Two (2) years of experience in an industrial/manufacturing/military environment OR Associates Degree in Process Operations or Electrical/Instrumentation
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel for data entry and document creation
What Will Put You Ahead
- Operational experience in a Kraft pulping, screening or bleaching operation
- Experience working with local, remote, and/or distributed process control systems
- Experience lining up equipment for chemical transfer operation
- Experience with safe work permitting (hot work, line breaking) and executing lockout activities (isolation, draining, deenergizing)
- Experience operating pumps, control valves, agitators, or reactor equipment
- Chemical Process Safety (CPS) or Process Safety Management (PSM) experience
- Familiarity with lab equipment & procedures; pH measurement, conductivity measurement and titration
- Bachelor’s Degree in Process Operations or Engineering
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.