Project Engineer with German
John Zink Hamworthy Combustion (JZHC) is part of Koch Engineered Solutions, which is owned by Koch Industries, the largest privately held company in the U.S.
Koch Engineered solutions (KES) is a global leader in emissions-control products, Heat transfer products, Mass transfer product and clean-air Combustion systems. We back every product with decades of proven performance, unrivalled research and development capabilities, and expert service and support. Our expertise includes: Burners, Flares, Flue gas treatment, Gas recovery, Landfill and biogas systems, Thermal oxidizers, Vapor control, Heat transfer, Mass Transfer, Oil, gas, and liquids separation, treating and conditioning, Combustion monitoring, Turnkey services, etc. Our vision is to become the preferred partner delivering superior value by developing, integrating, and applying innovative technical and service solutions for industrial value chains.
We are looking for a Project Engineer to join our team in our offices in Vimercate (Italy), Madrid (Spain) or Dudelange (Luxembourg).
What You Will Do In Your Role
The Project Engineer, within the project engineering team lead by the Project Engineering Supervisor, will be responsible for the engineering activities of systems projects. You will coordinate the engineering to the Working in a multidisciplinary team, you will coordinate the engineering activities between the process engineer, mechanical engineers, E&I engineers, structural engineers and designers. You will also be responsible for the specification, technical evaluations of the bought-out packages and components part of the system. You will ensure the equipment meets the contract and customer requirement for quality and on time delivery.
- Lead the technical aspects of the Project, review the contract document and scope of work for engineering deliverables and coordinate the various disciplines for the timely submission of all Engineering Deliverables including documents, drawings, datasheets, etc.… in compliance with the contract project requirements.
- Preparation of the design inputs and review and/or approval of mechanical engineering deliverables, P&ID's, General Arrangement drawings, etc.…
- Preparation of mechanical engineering documentation and Material Requisitions for bought out packages and equipment
- Vendors technical evaluations and subsequent review and approval of vendors deliverables.
- Ensure the equipment delivered meets the contract codes and standards and Project specifications and Good Engineering practices.
- Resolve or manage the resolution of any technical issues with the parties involved in the project (Client, Procurement, QC, Project Management, KES Workshops, Suppliers...)
- Handle customer comments and technical clarifications and interface with the client for technical issues until resolution.
- Responsible for Engineering KPI’s for the project in charge: Quality, On-time delivery, Consistency of design and Engineering outputs
- Manage the Engineering budgets for hours for the detailed engineering and highlight any variations if anticipated in advance.
- Participate in KOM, Progress meetings, HAZOP/HAZID studies (As needed).
- Work in accordance with the company procedures and standards
The Experience You Will Bring
- Strong adherence for safety and demonstrated safe work habits
- Strong proficiency in German language
- Extended experience in Project engineering for complex Mechanical systems or packages including Piping, Equipment and Rotating equipment line Pumps, blowers, etc.…
- Experience in the oil & gas industry in engineering of systems or package units
- Technical proficiency to understand process engineering, ability to read mechanical and electrical engineering drawings, process flow diagrams and P&ID.
- Experience in preparation / review of engineering datasheets of Mechanical components, equipments for procurement / approval to client.
- Demonstratable track record of delivering relevant projects on time, within budget, with quality and stakeholder satisfaction
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Well organized, proactive and able to work independently
What Will Put You Ahead
- Mechanical Engineering degree with experience in packages with piping, equipment and rotary equipment packages
- Strong proficiency in English/German language and strong report writing skills.
- Basic understanding of structural and pipework design and fabrication.
- Basic understanding of electrical and instrumentation.
- Previous project experience with Combustion systems (Burners, Boilers, Flares, Thermal oxidizers)
What We Can Offer
- A culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance
- Opportunity for career growth at one of the largest, financially stable companies in the world
- Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
- Continued company growth due to reinvesting 90% of our earnings