** Competitive salary dependent on experience, $1,000 hiring incentive bonus, competitive benefits, and 401k **
**Starting Minimum Wage of $17.50/hr**
**Most employees in this role do have a 12 hour rotating schedule**
Georgia-Pacific is seeking Production Workers for its Oriented Strand Board (OSB) facility located in Alcolu, SC. This position is responsible for operating equipment to produce and maintain quality of the product and meet customer expectations.
Workers may work in various departments within the mill – including Dryer & Energy, Press, and Finishing. To learn more about our Building Products division, please visit www.buildgp.com.
Workers must have a willingness to embrace change, share knowledge with others, treat others with respect and dignity, practice humility, conduct all affairs lawfully and with integrity, while demonstrating a sense of urgency, discipline, accountability, judgment, initiative, and critical thinking skills necessary to create maximum long-term value and realize your full potential and fulfillment in your work.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Operate manufacturing equipment to produce and maintain quality of the product and meet customer expectations
- Working in team-based environment
- Communicating effectively and respectfully with other team members
- Learning new tasks (including functions in control cab, control room, and ground support) and become proficient in performing these tasks
- Operate Control Room panels, displays and graphics to maintain operations according to parameters
- Monitor system performance to meet targets
- Provide ground support for production area
- Maintain safe and clean working environment, using variety of equipment, including air hoses, shovels, rakes, saws, and other tools
- Learn and comply with environmental guidelines, policies, and permit requirements
- Adhere to all plant health, safety, and environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures
- Operate mobile equipment to include a front-end loader, sweeper, and forklift
- Other duties as assigned
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience using a computer for record-keeping and documentation functions
What Will Put You Ahead
- At least one (1) year of machine operating experience
- At least three (3) years of industrial or manufacturing experience
- Experience operating mobile equipment
- Experience working in a computer-controlled environment
- Experience in control cab operations
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf