Field Safety Coordinator
Koch Specialty Plant Services has openings for Field Safety Coordinators for various locations within the U.S. This role will require a self-motivated, organized, and detail-oriented individual knowledgeable of field safety processes and procedures for our turnaround projects.
Koch Specialty Plant Services, LLC (KSPS) is a world leader for providing tower, vessel, mass transfer equipment, specialty piping & welding, and combustion equipment services to the refining and chemical industry. We attained this leadership position by applying Market-Based Management®, our unique business philosophy that combines core values with a focused business approach. Integrity, compliance and customer focus are paramount to our success and KSPS' industry leading position as a specialty tower, vessel and mass transfer internals service provider has been solidified in the market place because, quite simply, ''we do what we say we can do''.
There are many ways to define value. For KSPS, meeting our commitments and exceeding customer expectations are key measures when it comes to quantifying the true value of a deliverable. Unlike anyone else, KSPS has the ability to integrate people, experience, discipline, knowledge, and our unique market-based management business philosophy to deliver the best value proposition in the industry.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Function in an advisory and consultative capacity to Site Management ensuring the safety and well-being of project personnel.
- Perform site inspections and audits as necessary to ensure compliance with OSHA regulations as well as KSPS EH&S Standards.
- Facilitate the delivery and administration of health and safety initiatives and programs on project locations.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Able to interpret and apply OSHA regulations and industry safe work practices and Standards to construction sites.
- Knowledgeable of construction hazards in the refining/petrochemical industry.
- Ability to develop risk assessments (JSAs) and identify workplace controls to lower risk to an acceptable level.
- Candidates must be able to meet all company and customer qualifications to access job site including training requirements.
- This position involves traveling across the United States to various client sites 100% of the time.
- One year or more of field safety experience in oil and gas construction (upstream or downstream), capital projects or turnarounds.
- This position is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Two years or more of refining or petrochemical experience in a health and safety role.
- Advanced Safety Certification: CSST, CHST, ASP, CSP, etc.
- Basic Plus Orientation, Confined Space Training and Fall Protection Training.
- TWIC Card.
- Candidates must be able to work long hours and all shift schedules that may require up to twelve hours a day, seven days a week for extended durations.
- Candidates also must be able to work in confined spaces and be capable of climbing ladders, scaffolds, and working at heights.
- Must be able to perform work wearing personal protective equipment including but not limited to rain gear, chemical protective clothing, supplied air and air purifying respirators, safety harness, FRC coveralls, hard hat, ear plugs and safety glasses, etc.
- Respiratory protection fit-testing and pulmonary function testing is required. Additional medical examinations, such as pre-employment physical exams may be required per client guidelines. Hearing and vision within normal ranges is helpful.
The job will primarily be on or around construction/turnaround sites in petrochemical operational units and include possible hazardous environments such as confined spaces and working at heights. Exposure to loud noises, fumes, sparks, vibrations, dust, dirt, irritants, and smoke may occur. Special Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be necessary to control some hazardous environments. Additional forms of PPE may be required depending on the particular project. Safety requirements must be verified and meet standards set forth by client permits, policies and procedures, and be performed in compliance with all federal, state and local laws or ordinances before work activities can begin.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf