The Green Bay Broadway mill is searching for multiple Shift Supervisors (Team Coach) for the upcoming Through-Air Dryed (TAD) Product System including Fiber, Paper Machine and Converting. The Shift Supervisor will have broad responsibility for leading their team’s environmental compliance, safety, directing daily work, and technician development within an ownership-based work system. The role will be part of the on-boarding, commissioning, and start-up team for the TAD Product System.
Shift Supervisors work a rotating 12-hours shift that includes days, nights, weekends, holidays, and overtime hours. This is an on-shift leadership position.
In addition to a great starting salary, team members also receive a full benefits package, overtime opportunities, and two (2) weeks of vacation prorated for the first year.
External applicants are eligible to receive a sign-on bonus equal to 15% of the total earnings from the first 90 calendar days of employment.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Creating an environment where the team identifies and mitigates safety risk.
- Leading the execution of an ownership based work system by building capabilities of technicians to operate, maintain and improve their asset.
- Facilitating team and employee development of hourly operations workforce
- Fostering employee commitment and engagement as it relates to safety
- Drive and accomplish year over year improvement as it relates to productivity, customer satisfaction, organizational effectiveness, cost management, asset availability, and environmental, health and safety excellence
- Coordinating work process improvements that result in improved product quality, reduced variation and higher customer satisfaction.
- Using critical & economic thinking skills, the challenge process, and collaborative team efforts to resolve issues and to advance innovation, efficiency, and safety excellence
- Planning and directing work for assigned crew of hourly production employees
- Overseeing, managing and evaluating employees’ performance; acknowledge successes, address performance concerns, and assist in resolving complaints and issues
- Assisting development of standard operating and maintenance procedures
- Working with the Product System Leadership Team to ensure that the individual roles, responsibilities, and expectations are aligned with mill and organization goals
New TAD Paper Product System Responsibilities
- Developing and coaching team to execute standardized work processes with consistency across all shifts
- Recruiting, interviewing, onboarding and development of new employees
- Active role in commissioning and startup process of the TAD product System
The Experience You Will Bring
- Two (2) or more years of leadership experience in a manufacturing, industrial, construction or military environment
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience with Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, Outlook
What Will Put You Ahead
- Associates Degree or higher
- Five (5) or more years of supervisory experience with responsibility over direct reports within a manufacturing environment
- Experience in paper or converting operations
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf