(Junior) Business Development Manager (m/f/d)
Business Development Manager (BDM) Printed Electronics Europe (Home based)
Molex Printed Circuit Solutions (PCS) is a global leader in the research, product development, and manufacture offlexible and printed electronics solutionsfor a variety of markets and applications. With your technical background and passion to support customers, you can join the continuous growth of our PCS product line in Europe.
In this exciting BDM role, you will beworking close together with customers across Europe by giving first line technical support, creating technical and commercial proposals and being the lead contact for technical questions and inquiries. You will be part of a true international work environment, working with Molex engineering and expert teams across the world. The BDM is identifying new business opportunities from opening doors at customers through the complete cycle from specification phase, prototyping to qualification and production.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Identify, qualify, and convert business opportunities for flexible and printed electronics solutions, in cooperation with the Molex sales teams.
- Build a successful relationship with key customers and partners.
- Provide first line technical and quality support to technical teams at Tier-1 automotive and other customers across Europe, via face-to-face or online meetings and communication.
- Create and participate specification reviews, product feasibility studies and other technical and quality documentation, in cooperation with Molex support teams in Asia and USA.
- Preparation of technical proposals and workshops, and commercial quotations based on customer’s technical requirements and specifications.
- Coordinate, track and drive the product development with technical teams at the customer locations and Molex support teams in Asia and USA.
- Project ownership from concept discussion, prototyping, qualification through production, to ensure projects are executed and delivered on time to meet or better exceed customer expectations.
- Home-office based, Germany
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree, in mechanical or electronics engineering
- Industrial working experience in a mechanical or electromechanical engineering role.
- Experience with automotive quality and automotive OEM standards
- Very strong communication skills with diverse audiences as lead technical interface: technical support, presentation, business and negotiation skills.
- Knowledge or interest for electronic PCB design and flexible electronics
- Proven project management, interpersonal and influence skills; ability to negotiate, decision-making, motivate, prioritize, and communicate across all levels of the organization.
- Understanding to regional, cultural differences
- Pro-active and enthusiastic person, who is willing to take initiative, self-organized, success-oriented, with a flexible working attitude.
- Enjoy visiting customers in Germany, and other countries in Europe (40%)
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office (Excel, Powerpoint), SAP, and optional AutoCAD
- Fluency in German and English
The Experience You Will Bring